Jahii Carson is the best player Arizona State basketball has put on the floor since James Harden.
Harden, as we all know, left for the NBA after his sophomore season.
Carson, who has been on ASU's campus two years but played just one, seemingly has an NBA future ahead of him, though if that future will be sooner or later remains to be seen.
Averaging 17.8 points, 5.0 assists and 3.3 rebounds per game, there are plenty of folks who believe the point guard can compete at the next level, possibly as early as next season.
That's not something ASU head coach Herb Sendek, as a guest of Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Tuesday, said he's given much thought.
"To be honest with you, we haven't even come close to the subject," he said. "It's not something that we're thinking about, talking about right now. We're focused on the season, and when the season ends we'll sit down and talk about it."
Sendek pointed to an advisory committee that exists, which is there to help players get a feel for where they would be selected in the draft. Odds are good Carson will make use of it, as most players of his stature would do.
They may tell him he's a high pick who is ready for the NBA. Or, maybe, they'll say he could use more time and seasoning at the collegiate level.
Sendek had no opinion on the matter, or at least one he was willing to share.
"We'll really look at that when we sit down at the end of the year," he said. "I don't want to speak for him or his family.
"I'm going to be here as a resource to help in any way I possibly can."
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Rick Neuheisel - Pac-12 Network Analyst - Friday October 17Rick Neuheisel believes it could be a rough weekend for the Sun Devils against Stanford.
- Todd Graham, ASU Head Football Coach - Friday October 17ASU football head coach Todd Graham says if Taylor Kelly feels he is ready to play he will play.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday October 15ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the upcoming weekend for ASU Athletics.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 14ESPN college football analyst Mark May says anyone can win the Pac-12 South.
- Jake Plummer, Former ASU & Cardinals Quarterback - Tuesday October 14Jake Plummer discusses what the Sun Devils need to do to beat Stanford.