ASU coach Sendek: Not thinking about Jahii Carson's NBA prospects yet
Harden, as we all know, left for the NBA after his sophomore season.
Carson, who has been on ASU's campus two years but played just one, seemingly has an NBA future ahead of him, though if that future will be sooner or later remains to be seen.
Averaging 17.8 points, 5.0 assists and 3.3 rebounds per game, there are plenty of folks who believe the point guard can compete at the next level, possibly as early as next season.
That's not something ASU head coach Herb Sendek, as a guest of Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Tuesday, said he's given much thought.
"To be honest with you, we haven't even come close to the subject," he said. "It's not something that we're thinking about, talking about right now. We're focused on the season, and when the season ends we'll sit down and talk about it."
Sendek pointed to an advisory committee that exists, which is there to help players get a feel for where they would be selected in the draft. Odds are good Carson will make use of it, as most players of his stature would do.
They may tell him he's a high pick who is ready for the NBA. Or, maybe, they'll say he could use more time and seasoning at the collegiate level.
Sendek had no opinion on the matter, or at least one he was willing to share.
"We'll really look at that when we sit down at the end of the year," he said. "I don't want to speak for him or his family.
"I'm going to be here as a resource to help in any way I possibly can."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works