Updated Mar 5, 2013 - 2:03 pm
ASU coach Sendek: Not thinking about Jahii Carson's NBA prospects yet
Harden, as we all know, left for the NBA after his sophomore season.
Carson, who has been on ASU's campus two years but played just one, seemingly has an NBA future ahead of him, though if that future will be sooner or later remains to be seen.
Averaging 17.8 points, 5.0 assists and 3.3 rebounds per game, there are plenty of folks who believe the point guard can compete at the next level, possibly as early as next season.
That's not something ASU head coach Herb Sendek, as a guest of Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Tuesday, said he's given much thought.
"To be honest with you, we haven't even come close to the subject," he said. "It's not something that we're thinking about, talking about right now. We're focused on the season, and when the season ends we'll sit down and talk about it."
Sendek pointed to an advisory committee that exists, which is there to help players get a feel for where they would be selected in the draft. Odds are good Carson will make use of it, as most players of his stature would do.
They may tell him he's a high pick who is ready for the NBA. Or, maybe, they'll say he could use more time and seasoning at the collegiate level.
Sendek had no opinion on the matter, or at least one he was willing to share.
"We'll really look at that when we sit down at the end of the year," he said. "I don't want to speak for him or his family.
"I'm going to be here as a resource to help in any way I possibly can."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!