Jahii Carson is the best player Arizona State basketball has put on the floor since James Harden.
Harden, as we all know, left for the NBA after his sophomore season.
Carson, who has been on ASU's campus two years but played just one, seemingly has an NBA future ahead of him, though if that future will be sooner or later remains to be seen.
Averaging 17.8 points, 5.0 assists and 3.3 rebounds per game, there are plenty of folks who believe the point guard can compete at the next level, possibly as early as next season.
That's not something ASU head coach Herb Sendek, as a guest of Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Tuesday, said he's given much thought.
"To be honest with you, we haven't even come close to the subject," he said. "It's not something that we're thinking about, talking about right now. We're focused on the season, and when the season ends we'll sit down and talk about it."
Sendek pointed to an advisory committee that exists, which is there to help players get a feel for where they would be selected in the draft. Odds are good Carson will make use of it, as most players of his stature would do.
They may tell him he's a high pick who is ready for the NBA. Or, maybe, they'll say he could use more time and seasoning at the collegiate level.
Sendek had no opinion on the matter, or at least one he was willing to share.
"We'll really look at that when we sit down at the end of the year," he said. "I don't want to speak for him or his family.
"I'm going to be here as a resource to help in any way I possibly can."
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 30ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the wheels could come off for ASU in a hurry.
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Wednesday September 24AZCentral sports reporter Doug Haller previews Arizona State's matchup with UCLA.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday September 24Dan discusses the newly found connection between the Arizona Cardinals and the Arizona State Sun Dev