Despite vast improvement this season, it doesn't look like the Arizona State Sun Devils will get to punch a ticket to the NCAA Tournament.
But Herb Sendek's team has gained a lot of recognition for their improvement, which was keyed in part by the development of Carrick Felix.
Felix was named by ESPN's Jason King as the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the season in an article written Wednesday.
The senior from Millennium High School in Goodyear currently leads the Pac-12 with 12 double-doubles (including nine in conference play) and ranks seventh in rebounding (8.4 rpg), sixth in steals (1.6 spg) and is tied for 10th in blocked shots (1.1 bpg).
The same piece by King names freshman Jahii Carson as a First Team All-Pac-12 selection.
The Sun Devils wrap up their regular season schedule with a road game in Tucson against Arizona Saturday. The game tips off at 2:30 p.m. and can be heard on Arizona Sports 620.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 21ESPN college football analyst Mark May says Taylor Kelly will be ready to play for ASU.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday October 21ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses finally beating Stanford.
- Jake Plummer, former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday October 21Jake Plummer discusses the Sun Devils' performance against Stanford.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 21Dan discusses ASU head baseball coach Tracy Smith's tweet.
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf