Despite vast improvement this season, it doesn't look like the Arizona State Sun Devils will get to punch a ticket to the NCAA Tournament.
But Herb Sendek's team has gained a lot of recognition for their improvement, which was keyed in part by the development of Carrick Felix.
Felix was named by ESPN's Jason King as the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the season in an article written Wednesday.
The senior from Millennium High School in Goodyear currently leads the Pac-12 with 12 double-doubles (including nine in conference play) and ranks seventh in rebounding (8.4 rpg), sixth in steals (1.6 spg) and is tied for 10th in blocked shots (1.1 bpg).
The same piece by King names freshman Jahii Carson as a First Team All-Pac-12 selection.
The Sun Devils wrap up their regular season schedule with a road game in Tucson against Arizona Saturday. The game tips off at 2:30 p.m. and can be heard on Arizona Sports 620.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mike Norvell- ASU offensive coordinator - Thursday September 18Mike Norvell expresses his confidence in Mike Bercovici as a quarterback.
- D.J. Foster, ASU running back - Wednesday September 17D.J. Foster talks about why he chose to stay home and be a Sun Devil
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 17Ray Anderson explains why he and Todd Graham donated a combined $1,000,000 to the ASU stadium renova
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike