Updated Mar 11, 2013 - 2:15 pm
Trio of Sun Devils earn Pac-12 honors
The Pac-12 announced its men's basketball honors Monday, and a trio of Sun Devils earned some nods.
Point guard Jahii Carson was named Co-Freshman of the Year along with UCLA's Shabazz Muhammad as well as to the conference's First Team. He also was named to the All-Freshmen team.
Carson tweeted his appreciation of the prestigious award Monday afternoon.
I would like to thank all the PAC 12 coaches for naming me PAC -12 co freshman of the year along with shabazz. It's truly a honor— Jahii Carson(@Jahii_carson1) March 11, 2013
The freshman becomes the first Sun Devil to win the FOTY award since Ike Diogu back in 2002-03, and only the fourth since 1976, when the award was first given out.
Carson finished the regular season averaging 17.7 points, 3.3 rebounds and 5 assists per game.
Muhammad averaged 18.3 points and 5.1 rebounds per game for the Bruins.
Forward Carrick Felix, who won three Pac-12 Player of the Week awards during the season, was named to the conference's second team as well as all defensive team, where he was joined by center Jordan Bachynski.
The senior Felix averaged 14.2 points, 8.2 rebounds and just over one block per game in his final season as a Sun Devil.
Bachynski is three blocks away from setting the Pac-12 single season record with the conference tournament still remaining.
- Lionel Hollins honored by ASU jersey retirement
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.