Updated Mar 11, 2013 - 2:15 pm
Trio of Sun Devils earn Pac-12 honors
The Pac-12 announced its men's basketball honors Monday, and a trio of Sun Devils earned some nods.
Point guard Jahii Carson was named Co-Freshman of the Year along with UCLA's Shabazz Muhammad as well as to the conference's First Team. He also was named to the All-Freshmen team.
Carson tweeted his appreciation of the prestigious award Monday afternoon.
I would like to thank all the PAC 12 coaches for naming me PAC -12 co freshman of the year along with shabazz. It's truly a honor— Jahii Carson(@Jahii_carson1) March 11, 2013
The freshman becomes the first Sun Devil to win the FOTY award since Ike Diogu back in 2002-03, and only the fourth since 1976, when the award was first given out.
Carson finished the regular season averaging 17.7 points, 3.3 rebounds and 5 assists per game.
Muhammad averaged 18.3 points and 5.1 rebounds per game for the Bruins.
Forward Carrick Felix, who won three Pac-12 Player of the Week awards during the season, was named to the conference's second team as well as all defensive team, where he was joined by center Jordan Bachynski.
The senior Felix averaged 14.2 points, 8.2 rebounds and just over one block per game in his final season as a Sun Devil.
Bachynski is three blocks away from setting the Pac-12 single season record with the conference tournament still remaining.
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition