Updated Mar 11, 2013 - 2:15 pm
Trio of Sun Devils earn Pac-12 honors
The Pac-12 announced its men's basketball honors Monday, and a trio of Sun Devils earned some nods.
Point guard Jahii Carson was named Co-Freshman of the Year along with UCLA's Shabazz Muhammad as well as to the conference's First Team. He also was named to the All-Freshmen team.
Carson tweeted his appreciation of the prestigious award Monday afternoon.
I would like to thank all the PAC 12 coaches for naming me PAC -12 co freshman of the year along with shabazz. It's truly a honor— Jahii Carson(@Jahii_carson1) March 11, 2013
The freshman becomes the first Sun Devil to win the FOTY award since Ike Diogu back in 2002-03, and only the fourth since 1976, when the award was first given out.
Carson finished the regular season averaging 17.7 points, 3.3 rebounds and 5 assists per game.
Muhammad averaged 18.3 points and 5.1 rebounds per game for the Bruins.
Forward Carrick Felix, who won three Pac-12 Player of the Week awards during the season, was named to the conference's second team as well as all defensive team, where he was joined by center Jordan Bachynski.
The senior Felix averaged 14.2 points, 8.2 rebounds and just over one block per game in his final season as a Sun Devil.
Bachynski is three blocks away from setting the Pac-12 single season record with the conference tournament still remaining.
- ASU athletic director hopes to make 'significant improvements' to men's basketball team
- Flat start dooms Sun Devils in loss to Ducks: By the Numbers
- Have the Sun Devils done enough to earn an NCAA Tournament invite?
- In Carson's last home game, Sun Devils rout Bears
- ASU guard Jahii Carson will not return for junior season
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 football analyst - Wednesday March 5Why is the drop back quarterback losing steam in college football?
- Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer - Tuesday March 4Dave Pasch, ESPN play-by-play announcer, discusses UA and ASU basketball.
- Herb Sendek, ASU basketball coach - Tuesday March 4Herb Sendek talks about the upcoming game against Oregon, and the decision to come home in between r