Updated Mar 26, 2013 - 6:23 pm
ASU AD Patterson: Herb Sendek had a good year
He has not taken the Sun Devils to the NCAA Tournament since 2009, but appeared close this past season. Given the team's progress, ASU athletic director Steve Patterson told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf he believes the coach has the program heading in the right direction.
"I think Herb had a good year, he did a great job getting out in the community telling his story," Patterson said. "Jahii (Carson) got to play this year, had a lot of success."
The Sun Devils won 22 games this season and finished 9-9 in the Pac-12. The team faded a bit after a fast start, finishing tied for sixth in the conference and earning a spot in the NIT.
But after a season in which the team won just 10 games, Patterson views the program in a positive light and believes better times are on the way.
"We've got a program that develops good, young players," Patterson said. "We won 22 ball games this year, I think it's the third-most in the last 30 years or something that the program's had, so I think we're on an upswing.
"I feel good about the crowds, the students got into it as the season went on. We had a lot of fun."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Report: Arizona State assistant Eric Musselman resigns
- Report: ASU's Musselman a 'legitimate candidate' for South Florida job
- ASU AD Anderson: Good season, now must get better
- ASU coach Sendek: There's positive mojo with the Sun Devils
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.