Updated Mar 26, 2013 - 6:23 pm
ASU AD Patterson: Herb Sendek had a good year
He has not taken the Sun Devils to the NCAA Tournament since 2009, but appeared close this past season. Given the team's progress, ASU athletic director Steve Patterson told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf he believes the coach has the program heading in the right direction.
"I think Herb had a good year, he did a great job getting out in the community telling his story," Patterson said. "Jahii (Carson) got to play this year, had a lot of success."
The Sun Devils won 22 games this season and finished 9-9 in the Pac-12. The team faded a bit after a fast start, finishing tied for sixth in the conference and earning a spot in the NIT.
But after a season in which the team won just 10 games, Patterson views the program in a positive light and believes better times are on the way.
"We've got a program that develops good, young players," Patterson said. "We won 22 ball games this year, I think it's the third-most in the last 30 years or something that the program's had, so I think we're on an upswing.
"I feel good about the crowds, the students got into it as the season went on. We had a lot of fun."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU athletic director hopes to make 'significant improvements' to men's basketball team
- Flat start dooms Sun Devils in loss to Ducks: By the Numbers
- Have the Sun Devils done enough to earn an NCAA Tournament invite?
- In Carson's last home game, Sun Devils rout Bears
- ASU guard Jahii Carson will not return for junior season
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.