Updated Mar 26, 2013 - 6:23 pm
ASU AD Patterson: Herb Sendek had a good year
He has not taken the Sun Devils to the NCAA Tournament since 2009, but appeared close this past season. Given the team's progress, ASU athletic director Steve Patterson told Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf he believes the coach has the program heading in the right direction.
"I think Herb had a good year, he did a great job getting out in the community telling his story," Patterson said. "Jahii (Carson) got to play this year, had a lot of success."
The Sun Devils won 22 games this season and finished 9-9 in the Pac-12. The team faded a bit after a fast start, finishing tied for sixth in the conference and earning a spot in the NIT.
But after a season in which the team won just 10 games, Patterson views the program in a positive light and believes better times are on the way.
"We've got a program that develops good, young players," Patterson said. "We won 22 ball games this year, I think it's the third-most in the last 30 years or something that the program's had, so I think we're on an upswing.
"I feel good about the crowds, the students got into it as the season went on. We had a lot of fun."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Jake Plummer, Pac-12 Network College Football Analyst - Thursday December 5Jake the Snake shares inspiring insight into ASU football and the Tillman Tunnel
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday December 4The Pac 12 Championship will be a moment to remember at Sun Devil Stadium
- Tom Luginbill, ESPN College Football Analyst - Wednesday December 4A national perspective on the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Larry Scott, Commissioner of the Pac-12 Conference - Tuesday December 3Scott previews the Pac-12 championship game.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday December 3May Day previews the Pac-12 Championship game.