ASU's Carrick Felix earns Pac-12 All-Academic honors
Senior forward Carrick Felix finished his career at Arizona State University with one final honor, and this one comes off the basketball court.
Felix was named to the 2013 Pac-12 All-Academic First Team. The liberal studies major finished with a 3.50 GPA. He is going on to get his Masters of Liberal Studies degree.
To be eligible for selection to this prestigious team, student athletes are expected to have at least a 3.0 overall GPA and be either a starting player or play a prominent role on the team.
Other players selected to the Pac-12 All-Academic First Team include Colorado's Sabatino Chen, Stanford's John Gage, Stanford's Robbie Lemons and Utah's Jeremy Olsen.
This isn't the first honor Felix has received for his academic good standing, he was also named Pac-12 Men's Basketball Scholar Athlete of the Year.
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition