ASU's Carrick Felix earns Pac-12 All-Academic honors
Senior forward Carrick Felix finished his career at Arizona State University with one final honor, and this one comes off the basketball court.
Felix was named to the 2013 Pac-12 All-Academic First Team. The liberal studies major finished with a 3.50 GPA. He is going on to get his Masters of Liberal Studies degree.
To be eligible for selection to this prestigious team, student athletes are expected to have at least a 3.0 overall GPA and be either a starting player or play a prominent role on the team.
Other players selected to the Pac-12 All-Academic First Team include Colorado's Sabatino Chen, Stanford's John Gage, Stanford's Robbie Lemons and Utah's Jeremy Olsen.
This isn't the first honor Felix has received for his academic good standing, he was also named Pac-12 Men's Basketball Scholar Athlete of the Year.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.