Jahii Carson officially put to rest all talk about his basketball future Tuesday night.
The ASU point guard announced that he'll officially be returning to Tempe for his sophomore season in 2013-14.
"At this time it is in my best interest to continue my career at Arizona State," Carson said in a press release. "ASU has been very good to me and I enjoy my teammates and coaching staff, and that was a big part of my decision. The option to try the NBA was there, but all my energy is now invested in being the best Sun Devil I can be and lead our team to a great season."
The co-Pac-12 Freshman of the Year led the Sun Devils in points (18.5), assists (5.1) and minutes (37.2) during his freshman campaign. With Carson at the helm, ASU went 22-13 (9-9 in Pac-12 play) this past season.
While the Sun Devils recorded an impressive 12-win turnaround in 2012-13, having Carson back for a second season will be important for Herb Sendek and Co. because the Sun Devils have notable holes to fill following the departures of Carrick Felix, Chris Colvin and Ruslan Pateev.
"Jahii is a special player and a special person," Sendek said. "He was excellent in everything he did and is not only fun to watch, but a joy to coach, and we look forward to continue working with him in 2013-14."
In addition to Carson's return, ASU is also expected to add freshmen Chance Murray (No. 69-ranked shooting guard by ESPN.com) and Egor Koulechov (No. 69-ranked small forward by ESPN.com) next season.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 21ESPN college football analyst Mark May says Taylor Kelly will be ready to play for ASU.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday October 21ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses finally beating Stanford.
- Jake Plummer, former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday October 21Jake Plummer discusses the Sun Devils' performance against Stanford.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 21Dan discusses ASU head baseball coach Tracy Smith's tweet.
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf