Eric Musselman has a new job title.
According to CBSSports' Gary Parrish, the Arizona State assistant has been promoted to associate head coach.
Musselman, who has been a head coach in the NBA, has been part of Herb Sendek's staff since September 2012. He quickly earned a reputation for being an excellent teacher who players will listen to because of his professional experience.
Following a season that saw the Sun Devils win 22 games, rumors started to circulate that the 48-year-old Musselman could be a candidate for vacant head coaching jobs across the country.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Tuesday September 23Former ASU and Cardinals quarterback Jake Plummer discusses Sun Devil football, the Arizona Cardinal
- Mike Norvell- ASU offensive coordinator - Thursday September 18Mike Norvell expresses his confidence in Mike Bercovici as a quarterback.
- D.J. Foster, ASU running back - Wednesday September 17D.J. Foster talks about why he chose to stay home and be a Sun Devil
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 17Ray Anderson explains why he and Todd Graham donated a combined $1,000,000 to the ASU stadium renova
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.