Updated Jun 26, 2013 - 8:49 pm
Report: Arizona State in the mix for a talented guard from the Big Ten
A college basketball insider for CBS Sports tweeted Wednesday that Penn State guard Jermaine Marshall is looking for a new school and Arizona State is in the mix.
North Carolina, Creighton, Florida State, + Arizona State are all in the mix for Penn State transfer Jermaine Marshall, per a source. ...— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) June 27, 2013
The Sun Devils were left scrambling for a guard when Evan Gordon unexpectedly transferred to Indiana in early May.
They just recently got Junior College transfer Shaquielle McKissic, who averaged 23 points per game for Edmonds Junior College.
Adding Marshall would provide nice depth and make the guard position a strength for the team.
Marshall averaged 15.3 points per game for Penn State last season and led the team in 3-point field goals and steals.
According to ESPN.com, Marshall initially left Penn State to play pro basketball overseas, but has changed his mind and requested a transfer.
He should be able to play immediately next season.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN College Football Analyst - Monday December 9ASU's heartbreaking loss, the other Championship Saturday games and Selection Sunday.
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.