Jahii Carson might be returning for his sophomore season, but that doesn't mean Herb Sendek and Co. were content on leaving their backcourt as is heading into the 2013-14 campaign.
According to multiple media sources, the Sun Devils received word Monday that former Penn State guard Jermaine Marshall has decided to transfer to ASU.
Marshall, who led the Nittany Lions in scoring (15.3 points per game) last season, will graduate next month and be eligible to play right away as long as he picks a graduate course at ASU that isn't available at Penn State.
"Mainly, when I went on my visit they made it seem like I was there for the whole four years," Marshall told Doug Haller of the Arizona Republic. "They welcomed me with open arms. I enjoyed myself. My family enjoyed itself. We had a good vibe with Coach Herb (Sendek) and all the coaching staff. Besides basketball, we talked about other things, too. It was a good time."
In addition to ASU, Marshall also considered playing at Florida State or overseas.
The 6-foot-4 guard has one year of eligibility remaining.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Ray Anderson, ASU athletic director - Wednesday October 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the Sun Devils overcoming adversity after their loss to
- Jake Plummer - Former Cardinals and Sun Devil quarterback - Wednesday October 1Former Arizona State and Cardinal quarterback Jake Plummer discusses the latest in college football
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 30ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the wheels could come off for ASU in a hurry.
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.