Updated Jul 8, 2013 - 4:16 pm
Report: Former Penn State guard Jermaine Marshall transfers to ASU
According to multiple media sources, the Sun Devils received word Monday that former Penn State guard Jermaine Marshall has decided to transfer to ASU.
Marshall, who led the Nittany Lions in scoring (15.3 points per game) last season, will graduate next month and be eligible to play right away as long as he picks a graduate course at ASU that isn't available at Penn State.
"Mainly, when I went on my visit they made it seem like I was there for the whole four years," Marshall told Doug Haller of the Arizona Republic. "They welcomed me with open arms. I enjoyed myself. My family enjoyed itself. We had a good vibe with Coach Herb (Sendek) and all the coaching staff. Besides basketball, we talked about other things, too. It was a good time."
In addition to ASU, Marshall also considered playing at Florida State or overseas.
The 6-foot-4 guard has one year of eligibility remaining.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.