Updated Jul 8, 2013 - 4:16 pm
Report: Former Penn State guard Jermaine Marshall transfers to ASU
According to multiple media sources, the Sun Devils received word Monday that former Penn State guard Jermaine Marshall has decided to transfer to ASU.
Marshall, who led the Nittany Lions in scoring (15.3 points per game) last season, will graduate next month and be eligible to play right away as long as he picks a graduate course at ASU that isn't available at Penn State.
"Mainly, when I went on my visit they made it seem like I was there for the whole four years," Marshall told Doug Haller of the Arizona Republic. "They welcomed me with open arms. I enjoyed myself. My family enjoyed itself. We had a good vibe with Coach Herb (Sendek) and all the coaching staff. Besides basketball, we talked about other things, too. It was a good time."
In addition to ASU, Marshall also considered playing at Florida State or overseas.
The 6-foot-4 guard has one year of eligibility remaining.
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!