Following a freshman season where he averaged 18.5 points, 5.1 assists and 3.7 rebounds per game on the way to co-Pac-12 Freshman of the Year honors, Arizona State guard Jahii Carson entertained the idea of entering the NBA Draft.
However, after much consideration he decided to return to Tempe for his sophomore season, and the news was met with great celebration (as well as a DJ-adorned) press conference.
Well, it looks like that was a one-time deal, and Sun Devil fans better enjoy the guard's talents while they still can.
This year at ASU I'm participating I'm every school event. This my last go round time to have fun— Jahii Carson (@Jahii_carson1) August 6, 2013
The idea that Carson could very well turn pro after this season is not exactly crazy, as one more excellent season could easily make him a first-round pick. However, there are no guarantees, so the fact that the 20-year-old is being that open about his intentions is a bit curious.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf
- Rick Neuheisel - Pac-12 Network Analyst - Friday October 17Rick Neuheisel believes it could be a rough weekend for the Sun Devils against Stanford.
- Todd Graham, ASU Head Football Coach - Friday October 17ASU football head coach Todd Graham says if Taylor Kelly feels he is ready to play he will play.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday October 15ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the upcoming weekend for ASU Athletics.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 14ESPN college football analyst Mark May says anyone can win the Pac-12 South.