Sun Devils picked to finish 7th by Pac-12 media
At the annual conference media day in San Francisco Thursday, head coach Herb Sendek's squad was picked to finish seventh in the Pac-12 behind in-state rival Arizona, UCLA, Colorado, Oregon, California and Stanford.
The Sun Devils are coming off a 22-win season in 2012-13 in which they advanced to the second round of the NIT Tournament, where they were bounced by eventual tournament champion Baylor.
The Devils return 2013 Pac-12 Co-Freshman of the Year Jahii Carson, who averaged 18.5 points per game as a freshman last season, along with 7-foot-2 center Jordan Bachynski, who set a new conference record for blocked shots with 120 last season.
ASU opens their 2012-13 campaign Friday, November 8 against UMBC at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Media Poll
|Place||Team (1st place votes)||Points|
- Shaquielle McKissic wins appeal, will return to ASU for another year
- ASU head coach Herb Sendek: Team will play 'more difficult' schedule in 2014-15
- ASU's Jahii Carson officially headed to NBA Draft
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Report: Arizona State assistant Eric Musselman resigns
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.