Sun Devils picked to finish 7th by Pac-12 media
At the annual conference media day in San Francisco Thursday, head coach Herb Sendek's squad was picked to finish seventh in the Pac-12 behind in-state rival Arizona, UCLA, Colorado, Oregon, California and Stanford.
The Sun Devils are coming off a 22-win season in 2012-13 in which they advanced to the second round of the NIT Tournament, where they were bounced by eventual tournament champion Baylor.
The Devils return 2013 Pac-12 Co-Freshman of the Year Jahii Carson, who averaged 18.5 points per game as a freshman last season, along with 7-foot-2 center Jordan Bachynski, who set a new conference record for blocked shots with 120 last season.
ASU opens their 2012-13 campaign Friday, November 8 against UMBC at Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe.
Pac-12 Men's Basketball Media Poll
|Place||Team (1st place votes)||Points|
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition