ESPN college basketball insider Jeff Goodman tweeted Sunday evening that Arizona State was "handled" in its scrimmage against San Francisco this weekend.
NCAA rules prohibit schools from specifically addressing scrimmages and publicizing them beforehand.
Little birdie told me that Arizona State got handled in secret scrimmage this weekend by San Francisco.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) November 3, 2013
The Sun Devils were picked to finish seventh in the Pac-12 media poll, though CBS Sports' Jon Rothstein called ASU "a legitimate sleeper" in the conference race.
ASU, led by standout sophomore guard Jahii Carson, opens its regular season on Nov. 8 against the University of Maryland, Baltimore County at 6 p.m. in Wells Fargo Arena.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf
- Rick Neuheisel - Pac-12 Network Analyst - Friday October 17Rick Neuheisel believes it could be a rough weekend for the Sun Devils against Stanford.
- Todd Graham, ASU Head Football Coach - Friday October 17ASU football head coach Todd Graham says if Taylor Kelly feels he is ready to play he will play.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday October 15ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the upcoming weekend for ASU Athletics.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 14ESPN college football analyst Mark May says anyone can win the Pac-12 South.