ESPN college basketball insider Jeff Goodman tweeted Sunday evening that Arizona State was "handled" in its scrimmage against San Francisco this weekend.
NCAA rules prohibit schools from specifically addressing scrimmages and publicizing them beforehand.
Little birdie told me that Arizona State got handled in secret scrimmage this weekend by San Francisco.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) November 3, 2013
The Sun Devils were picked to finish seventh in the Pac-12 media poll, though CBS Sports' Jon Rothstein called ASU "a legitimate sleeper" in the conference race.
ASU, led by standout sophomore guard Jahii Carson, opens its regular season on Nov. 8 against the University of Maryland, Baltimore County at 6 p.m. in Wells Fargo Arena.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 23ESPN college football analyst Mark May thinks UCLA quarterback Brent Hundley will try to play agains
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Tuesday September 23Former ASU and Cardinals quarterback Jake Plummer discusses Sun Devil football, the Arizona Cardinal
- Mike Norvell- ASU offensive coordinator - Thursday September 18Mike Norvell expresses his confidence in Mike Bercovici as a quarterback.
- D.J. Foster, ASU running back - Wednesday September 17D.J. Foster talks about why he chose to stay home and be a Sun Devil
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 17Ray Anderson explains why he and Todd Graham donated a combined $1,000,000 to the ASU stadium renova