The Pac-12 announced Monday that Arizona State sophomore guard Jahii Carson had been named conference men's basketball player of the week for his performance between Nov. 18-24.
Carson, hailing from Mesa, Ariz., averaged 29.5 points per game over the course of the week, thanks in part to a 40-point performance in ASU's 86-80 win at UNLV early last week. The 5-foot-10, 180-pound guard also managed a .575 shooting percentage from the floor while shooting better than 55% from three-point range.
The announcement comes as Carson's first career weekly honor and the 33rd in school history.
The Sun Devils are set to host No. 25 Marquette on Monday, Nov. 25 at 7:00 p.m. MDT, with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. on 92.3 FM KTAR.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Wednesday September 24AZCentral sports reporter Doug Haller previews Arizona State's matchup with UCLA.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday September 24Dan discusses the newly found connection between the Arizona Cardinals and the Arizona State Sun Dev
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Wednesday September 24Coach Graham discusses the vast array of storylines heading into Thursday's showdown against UCLA.