The Pac-12 announced Monday that Arizona State sophomore guard Jahii Carson had been named conference men's basketball player of the week for his performance between Nov. 18-24.
Carson, hailing from Mesa, Ariz., averaged 29.5 points per game over the course of the week, thanks in part to a 40-point performance in ASU's 86-80 win at UNLV early last week. The 5-foot-10, 180-pound guard also managed a .575 shooting percentage from the floor while shooting better than 55% from three-point range.
The announcement comes as Carson's first career weekly honor and the 33rd in school history.
The Sun Devils are set to host No. 25 Marquette on Monday, Nov. 25 at 7:00 p.m. MDT, with pregame coverage beginning at 6:30 p.m. on 92.3 FM KTAR.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 21ESPN college football analyst Mark May says Taylor Kelly will be ready to play for ASU.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday October 21ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses finally beating Stanford.
- Jake Plummer, former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday October 21Jake Plummer discusses the Sun Devils' performance against Stanford.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 21Dan discusses ASU head baseball coach Tracy Smith's tweet.
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf