ASU men prepare for first ever Wooden Legacy Tournament on Thanksgiving
With Arizona State's men's basketball getting a lot of recognition recently, now's the time to board the bandwagon in what is shaping out to be a special season. ASU, sitting at 6-0 to start the year, embarks on Southern California to participate in the first ever Wooden Legacy Tournament -- a combination of the John R. Wooden Classic and the Anaheim Classic.
The Sun Devils will start play with arguably the toughest opponent right out of the gates, the Creighton Bluejays. The Jays are undefeated on the season and currently sit at number twenty in the AP poll. They are a familiar foe for these Devils, as the teams battled each other last year at the Las Vegas Invitational title game in what amounted to be an 87-73 Creighton victory.
Some future NBA players will be on display in this matchup, as well, as Jahii Carson gets another shot to beat Doug McDermott and company. Slowing Creighton's star, who's averaging 27.5 points per game on the season, will undoubtedly be a top priority for the Sun Devils. The winner advances to the semifinals and will play the winner of the College of Charleston and San Diego State matchup.
Rounding out the rest of the tournament will be Miami vs. George Washington and Marquette vs. Cal State Fullerton. Games will be played at Cal State Fullerton's Titan Arena on Nov. 28 and 29, before switching venues to the Honda Center in Anaheim for its Dec. 1 championship game.
ASU's first-round game against Creighton can be heard at 9:00 p.m. MDT on Arizona Sports 620 AM on Thanksgiving day.
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jordan Bachynski to play for Hornets Summer League team
- Jahii Carson, Jermaine Marshall to play for Rockets Summer League team in Orlando
- ASU's Sendek listed among coaches on the 'hot seat' in 2014-15
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.