TEMPE, Ariz. ó Shaquielle McKissic scored 15 of his 18 points in the second half as Arizona State held off the University of California-Irvine 74-61 on Saturday.
The Sun Devils (11-2) took control of a tight game with an 11-0 run in the first half, taking a 23-15 lead after a 3-of-19 start from the field in the first 11 minutes. UC Irvine's 7-foot-6 freshman Mamadou Ndiaye scored 14 points, all in the second half, and had 12 rebounds for the Anteaters (7-7).
Cal-Irvine got within six twice in the final four minutes but turned the ball over twice in the final 1:43, leading to four Sun Devil points. McKissic hit 5-of-6 from the field in the second half and added four rebounds and three assists for Arizona State, which has won four straight.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mike Norvell- ASU offensive coordinator - Thursday September 18Mike Norvell expresses his confidence in Mike Bercovici as a quarterback.
- D.J. Foster, ASU running back - Wednesday September 17D.J. Foster talks about why he chose to stay home and be a Sun Devil
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 17Ray Anderson explains why he and Todd Graham donated a combined $1,000,000 to the ASU stadium renova
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike