Arizona State's 79-60 win over USC: By the numbers
Here's a look back at the 19-point thumping by the numbers:
For ASU, the win was just its second in the Galen Center under Herb Sendek in eight tries. The other victory occurred back in Jan. 2012.
The Sun Devils moved to a perfect 3-0 this season in true road games, having lost two away from Wells Fargo Arena earlier this season in the Wooden Legacy tournament. ASU's other road wins have come against DePaul and UNLV.
Shaquielle McKissic continued his hot play against the Trojans, pitching in with 12 points, eight rebounds and a career-high six steals. McKissic finished just two steals shy of the program's single-game record.
After starting Pac-12 play with a combined four points on 1-of-9 from the field, Jonathan Gilling regained his shooting form, scoring nine points on 2-of-4 from the field and 3-of-3 from the charity stripe.
Jahii Carson finished with 18 points on the night, which in and of itself wasn't all that impressive. However, the sophomore reached the mark after being held scoreless for the first 15 minutes of the game.
The 19-point loss marked USC's worst this season. It also snapped Andy Enfield and Co.'s nine-game Galen Center win streak.
While the game wasn't really close in the second half, the two teams were neck-and-neck midway through the first 20 minutes, until the Sun Devils reeled off a game-changing 19-6 spurt highlighted by seven points from Jermaine Marshall.
Senior center Jordan Bachynski recorded his ninth double-double of the season with 20 points to go along with 12 boards. Thursday marked just the second time this season, Bachynski has reached the 20-point mark.
With a pair of blocked shots against USC, Bachynski stands just one swat shy of tying Channning Frye for second on the Pac-12's all-time list. The senior is also 21 shy of tying the conference's all-time record -- set by Arizona's Anthony Cook from 1985-88.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!