Arizona State's 79-60 win over USC: By the numbers
Here's a look back at the 19-point thumping by the numbers:
For ASU, the win was just its second in the Galen Center under Herb Sendek in eight tries. The other victory occurred back in Jan. 2012.
The Sun Devils moved to a perfect 3-0 this season in true road games, having lost two away from Wells Fargo Arena earlier this season in the Wooden Legacy tournament. ASU's other road wins have come against DePaul and UNLV.
Shaquielle McKissic continued his hot play against the Trojans, pitching in with 12 points, eight rebounds and a career-high six steals. McKissic finished just two steals shy of the program's single-game record.
After starting Pac-12 play with a combined four points on 1-of-9 from the field, Jonathan Gilling regained his shooting form, scoring nine points on 2-of-4 from the field and 3-of-3 from the charity stripe.
Jahii Carson finished with 18 points on the night, which in and of itself wasn't all that impressive. However, the sophomore reached the mark after being held scoreless for the first 15 minutes of the game.
The 19-point loss marked USC's worst this season. It also snapped Andy Enfield and Co.'s nine-game Galen Center win streak.
While the game wasn't really close in the second half, the two teams were neck-and-neck midway through the first 20 minutes, until the Sun Devils reeled off a game-changing 19-6 spurt highlighted by seven points from Jermaine Marshall.
Senior center Jordan Bachynski recorded his ninth double-double of the season with 20 points to go along with 12 boards. Thursday marked just the second time this season, Bachynski has reached the 20-point mark.
With a pair of blocked shots against USC, Bachynski stands just one swat shy of tying Channning Frye for second on the Pac-12's all-time list. The senior is also 21 shy of tying the conference's all-time record -- set by Arizona's Anthony Cook from 1985-88.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jordan Bachynski to play for Hornets Summer League team
- Jahii Carson, Jermaine Marshall to play for Rockets Summer League team in Orlando
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.