The new video board at the McKale Center in Tucson didn't show the score of a rivalry game, per se. But on the floor, both teams treated the contest like one. It's just, the talent disparity between the two teams altered the game's image.
Arizona was in control throughout the night, ultimately cruising to a 91-68 win over the Sun Devils.
Here's a look back at Arizona's 18th straight win, which improved them to 5-0 in Pac-12 play.
Wildcats guard T.J. McConnell missed just one field goal attempt Thursday, tallying 10 points, six assists, three steals and a block against the Sun Devils.
Arizona's defense plagued the Sun Devils all night, as the visitors shot just 2-of-18 from the floor to begin the game.
Sun Devils' big man Jordan Bachynski had three points, three blocks and three personal fouls on Thursday, also going 0-for-3 from the floor in the loss.
Jahii Carson, who had a game-high 20 points on the evening, had four shots blocked by Wildcat defenders Thursday.
Arizona coach Sean Miller dug deep into his bench during the rout of the Wildcats' in-state rival, using 15 players on the night and sitting starters over the final several minutes of the game.
Sun Devils senior guard Jermaine Marshall, who is averaging 15.6 points per game this season as the team's second-leading scorer, sat out of the contest with a groin injury.
Arizona State suffered from a swarming Wildcats defense all night, ultimately turning the ball over 18 times in the ugly loss.
With the win, Arizona moved to a perfect 18-0 to start its season -- improving upon the program record, which was set in their last victory against USC.
Coach Herb Sendek's team missed 35 shots Thursday at McKale Center, good for 34 percent from the field, though hitting seven of 14 three-point attempts, including a buzzer beater from freshman Chance Murray to end the game.
Arizona's win was their 50th since the 1979-80 season over ASU. The rivalry now stands at 50-22 in favor of the team from Tucson during that span.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mike Norvell- ASU offensive coordinator - Thursday September 18Mike Norvell expresses his confidence in Mike Bercovici as a quarterback.
- D.J. Foster, ASU running back - Wednesday September 17D.J. Foster talks about why he chose to stay home and be a Sun Devil
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 17Ray Anderson explains why he and Todd Graham donated a combined $1,000,000 to the ASU stadium renova
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike