Updated Jan 17, 2014 - 8:11 am
Arizona routs ASU at McKale Center: By the Numbers
Arizona was in control throughout the night, ultimately cruising to a 91-68 win over the Sun Devils.
Here's a look back at Arizona's 18th straight win, which improved them to 5-0 in Pac-12 play.
Wildcats guard T.J. McConnell missed just one field goal attempt Thursday, tallying 10 points, six assists, three steals and a block against the Sun Devils.
Arizona's defense plagued the Sun Devils all night, as the visitors shot just 2-of-18 from the floor to begin the game.
Sun Devils' big man Jordan Bachynski had three points, three blocks and three personal fouls on Thursday, also going 0-for-3 from the floor in the loss.
Jahii Carson, who had a game-high 20 points on the evening, had four shots blocked by Wildcat defenders Thursday.
Arizona coach Sean Miller dug deep into his bench during the rout of the Wildcats' in-state rival, using 15 players on the night and sitting starters over the final several minutes of the game.
Sun Devils senior guard Jermaine Marshall, who is averaging 15.6 points per game this season as the team's second-leading scorer, sat out of the contest with a groin injury.
Arizona State suffered from a swarming Wildcats defense all night, ultimately turning the ball over 18 times in the ugly loss.
With the win, Arizona moved to a perfect 18-0 to start its season -- improving upon the program record, which was set in their last victory against USC.
Coach Herb Sendek's team missed 35 shots Thursday at McKale Center, good for 34 percent from the field, though hitting seven of 14 three-point attempts, including a buzzer beater from freshman Chance Murray to end the game.
Arizona's win was their 50th since the 1979-80 season over ASU. The rivalry now stands at 50-22 in favor of the team from Tucson during that span.
- ASU lands forward Savon Goodman
- Shaquielle McKissic wins appeal, will return to ASU for another year
- ASU head coach Herb Sendek: Team will play 'more difficult' schedule in 2014-15
- ASU's Jahii Carson officially headed to NBA Draft
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.