Jordan Bachynski has failed to register at least one blocked shot just three times in his last 54 games.
In the 51 other contests, the 7-foot-2 center tallied 205 blocks, adding to his career total that is now at 266.
He's 12 short of former Arizona Wildcat Anthony Cook, who holds the conference's all-time record for blocked shots.
And it would mean a lot to claim that spot for himself.
"That's huge for me," he told the Burns and Gambo Show Friday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "That's one thing that I feel sets me apart. Just the timing -- not to pat my own back -- but the timing and skill it takes to be a great shot blocker, an elite shot blocker, is something you can't teach."
It is a skill the 23-year-old senior said he worked on out of necessity, as growing up he was tall but skinny and easily pushed around in the post. So, he had to find a new way to be an effective defender.
"I needed to learn a new way to still be a factor on defense and I think that's where it came from, just out of necessity," he said.
Bachynski also noted that he was "blessed with great genes," and his size certainly helps.
"It works," he said.
This season, Bachynski has had nine games with five or more blocked shots, including totals of seven and eight. He also has a team-leading 10 double-doubles, showing he's more than just a shot blocker.
On the season, the Calgary, AB native is averaging 12.1 points and a team-best 9.3 rebounds to go along with his 4.5 blocks per game.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 21ESPN college football analyst Mark May says Taylor Kelly will be ready to play for ASU.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday October 21ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses finally beating Stanford.
- Jake Plummer, former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday October 21Jake Plummer discusses the Sun Devils' performance against Stanford.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 21Dan discusses ASU head baseball coach Tracy Smith's tweet.
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf