Jordan Bachynski has failed to register at least one blocked shot just three times in his last 54 games.
In the 51 other contests, the 7-foot-2 center tallied 205 blocks, adding to his career total that is now at 266.
He's 12 short of former Arizona Wildcat Anthony Cook, who holds the conference's all-time record for blocked shots.
And it would mean a lot to claim that spot for himself.
"That's huge for me," he told the Burns and Gambo Show Friday on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "That's one thing that I feel sets me apart. Just the timing -- not to pat my own back -- but the timing and skill it takes to be a great shot blocker, an elite shot blocker, is something you can't teach."
It is a skill the 23-year-old senior said he worked on out of necessity, as growing up he was tall but skinny and easily pushed around in the post. So, he had to find a new way to be an effective defender.
"I needed to learn a new way to still be a factor on defense and I think that's where it came from, just out of necessity," he said.
Bachynski also noted that he was "blessed with great genes," and his size certainly helps.
"It works," he said.
This season, Bachynski has had nine games with five or more blocked shots, including totals of seven and eight. He also has a team-leading 10 double-doubles, showing he's more than just a shot blocker.
On the season, the Calgary, AB native is averaging 12.1 points and a team-best 9.3 rebounds to go along with his 4.5 blocks per game.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mike Norvell- ASU offensive coordinator - Thursday September 18Mike Norvell expresses his confidence in Mike Bercovici as a quarterback.
- D.J. Foster, ASU running back - Wednesday September 17D.J. Foster talks about why he chose to stay home and be a Sun Devil
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 17Ray Anderson explains why he and Todd Graham donated a combined $1,000,000 to the ASU stadium renova
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike