Updated Jan 27, 2014 - 7:18 pm
Former ASU point guard Derek Glasser to take over Pac-12 Networks Twitter account for game replay
All seven Pac-12 Networks will replay the first round showdown at 8:00 p.m. MST on Tuesday, Jan. 28, as part of the Pac-12 Classics series.
Former Sun Devils point guard Derek Glasser will take over the Pac-12 Networks Twitter account during the replay of the game to live tweet his memories of the contest and to answer fans' questions.
The 6-foot-1 guard was a junior at the time of the Temple-ASU matchup in Greensboro, N.C., starting alongside future NBA players James Harden and Jeff Ayres (fka Pendergraph). It was the school's first appearance in the NCAA Tournament since 2003.
Glasser started 104 of the 131 games he played for the Devils over his four-year career, breaking school records for total assists (551) and free throw shooting (83.8 percent).
If you're unfamiliar with the result of the Owls-Sun Devils postseason game and you plan on watching it, stop reading here to avoid "spoilers" below.
Then-sophomore Harden struggled in the game, only hitting one shot and scoring nine points, but Glasser picked up the slack with 22 points -- his career-high at that point. The point guard went 4-for-5 on 3-pointers and scored 17 in the first half. Ayres also contributed 22 points, shooting 8-for-14.
ASU came into the contest the higher seed (6) in the tournament's South region. The No. 11 Owls never led in the game, and ASU sent them packing with a 66-57 final.
Dionte Christmas, a future Phoenix Suns player, was a senior at the time, and led the Owls with 29 points in his final game for the school.
The Sun Devils moved on in the tournament, but were ousted by No. 3 Syracuse 78-67. Ayres, then a senior, and Harden both moved on to the NBA after ASU's postseason trip.
- Lionel Hollins honored by ASU jersey retirement
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.