Updated Jan 27, 2014 - 7:18 pm
Former ASU point guard Derek Glasser to take over Pac-12 Networks Twitter account for game replay
All seven Pac-12 Networks will replay the first round showdown at 8:00 p.m. MST on Tuesday, Jan. 28, as part of the Pac-12 Classics series.
Former Sun Devils point guard Derek Glasser will take over the Pac-12 Networks Twitter account during the replay of the game to live tweet his memories of the contest and to answer fans' questions.
The 6-foot-1 guard was a junior at the time of the Temple-ASU matchup in Greensboro, N.C., starting alongside future NBA players James Harden and Jeff Ayres (fka Pendergraph). It was the school's first appearance in the NCAA Tournament since 2003.
Glasser started 104 of the 131 games he played for the Devils over his four-year career, breaking school records for total assists (551) and free throw shooting (83.8 percent).
If you're unfamiliar with the result of the Owls-Sun Devils postseason game and you plan on watching it, stop reading here to avoid "spoilers" below.
Then-sophomore Harden struggled in the game, only hitting one shot and scoring nine points, but Glasser picked up the slack with 22 points -- his career-high at that point. The point guard went 4-for-5 on 3-pointers and scored 17 in the first half. Ayres also contributed 22 points, shooting 8-for-14.
ASU came into the contest the higher seed (6) in the tournament's South region. The No. 11 Owls never led in the game, and ASU sent them packing with a 66-57 final.
Dionte Christmas, a future Phoenix Suns player, was a senior at the time, and led the Owls with 29 points in his final game for the school.
The Sun Devils moved on in the tournament, but were ousted by No. 3 Syracuse 78-67. Ayres, then a senior, and Harden both moved on to the NBA after ASU's postseason trip.
- ASU lands No. 3 seed in Pac-12 tournament despite loss
- Another slow start hampers Sun Devils in OT loss to Beavers: By the Numbers
- ASU's road comeback vs. OSU falls short in OT
- ASU athletic director hopes to make 'significant improvements' to men's basketball team
- Flat start dooms Sun Devils in loss to Ducks: By the Numbers
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.