It took five minutes of extra time, but in the end, the Arizona State Sun Devils outlasted the Oregon State Beavers 86-82 at Wells Fargo Arena Thursday.
Here's a look back at a game that had plenty of highs, lows and a major record sprinkled in between:
ASU improved to 2-0 on the season in overtime affairs, and actually each of its last two wins have come in games that required the extra frame. In their last two seasons, the Sun Devils are 6-1 in overtime games.
With the four-point victory, ASU extended its winning streak to four games against Oregon State. The Sun Devils' last loss to the Beavers came in Dec. 2010.
Senior guard Shaquille McKissic recorded two steals in the overtime win, which extended his streak with at least one steal to a season-high-tying five games.
Senior center Jordan Bachynski set the Pac-12 blocks record Thursday, as his seven swats were enough to pass former Arizona power forward Anthony Cook on the conference's all-time list. Bachynski now sits alone with 279 career blocks.
Sophomore guard Jahii Carson went to the charity stripe a career-high 18 times. Of those 18 attempts, Carson knocked down 13 of them. He finished the night with 23 points -- which marked his third consecutive 20-point performance.
The Sun Devils were led in scoring by senior transfer Jermaine Marshall, who finished with 25 points. But of those 25, 22 came in the second half or overtime. ASU moved to 7-2 this season when Marshall scores 20 points or more.
After limiting the Pac-12's leading scorer early (two points at halftime), ASU struggled to contain OSU's Roberto Nelson late. Nelson's bucket with under 25 seconds to play forced overtime, and he finished with a game-high 26 points
Despite coming into the contest 12th in the nation in three-point percentage (40.4), the Sun Devils struggled from distance, connecting on just 5-of-17 (29.4) from three-point range against the Beavers. On the bright side, Jonathan Gilling connected on a pair of long shots, after going 1-of-11 from downtown during the team's Bay Area trip.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 21ESPN college football analyst Mark May says Taylor Kelly will be ready to play for ASU.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday October 21ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses finally beating Stanford.
- Jake Plummer, former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday October 21Jake Plummer discusses the Sun Devils' performance against Stanford.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 21Dan discusses ASU head baseball coach Tracy Smith's tweet.
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf