Arizona State center Jordan Bachynski named Pac-12 Player of the Week
The senior averaged 21.5 points, 12.0 rebounds and 8.0 blocks in a pair of wins over Oregon State and Oregon, while also setting the Pac-12's all-time record for blocked shots.
Monday, the conference rewarded him with its Player of the Week award.
It is the first-career weekly award for Bachynski and the 34th time a Sun Devil has earned the honor.
On the season the Calgary, Canada native is averaging 12.2 points, 9.1 rebounds and 4.5 blocks per game.
Also nominated this week were Rondae Hollis-Jefferson of Arizona, Askia Booker of Colorado, Dwight Powell of Stanford, Norman Powell of UCLA and DaVonte Lacy of Washington State.
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Report: Arizona State assistant Eric Musselman resigns
- Report: ASU's Musselman a 'legitimate candidate' for South Florida job
- ASU AD Anderson: Good season, now must get better
- ASU coach Sendek: There's positive mojo with the Sun Devils
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday April 2Ray Anderson discusses ASU spring sports.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday March 27Ray Anderson looks back on the Sun Devil men's basketball season.