Arizona State center Jordan Bachynski named Pac-12 Player of the Week
The senior averaged 21.5 points, 12.0 rebounds and 8.0 blocks in a pair of wins over Oregon State and Oregon, while also setting the Pac-12's all-time record for blocked shots.
Monday, the conference rewarded him with its Player of the Week award.
It is the first-career weekly award for Bachynski and the 34th time a Sun Devil has earned the honor.
On the season the Calgary, Canada native is averaging 12.2 points, 9.1 rebounds and 4.5 blocks per game.
Also nominated this week were Rondae Hollis-Jefferson of Arizona, Askia Booker of Colorado, Dwight Powell of Stanford, Norman Powell of UCLA and DaVonte Lacy of Washington State.
- Lionel Hollins honored by ASU jersey retirement
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.