To say Arizona State center Jordan Bachynski had a good week would be an understatement.
The senior averaged 21.5 points, 12.0 rebounds and 8.0 blocks in a pair of wins over Oregon State and Oregon, while also setting the Pac-12's all-time record for blocked shots.
Monday, the conference rewarded him with its Player of the Week award.
It is the first-career weekly award for Bachynski and the 34th time a Sun Devil has earned the honor.
On the season the Calgary, Canada native is averaging 12.2 points, 9.1 rebounds and 4.5 blocks per game.
Also nominated this week were Rondae Hollis-Jefferson of Arizona, Askia Booker of Colorado, Dwight Powell of Stanford, Norman Powell of UCLA and DaVonte Lacy of Washington State.
- Arizona State Sun Devils picked to finish 9th by Pac-12 media
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 21ESPN college football analyst Mark May says Taylor Kelly will be ready to play for ASU.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday October 21ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses finally beating Stanford.
- Jake Plummer, former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday October 21Jake Plummer discusses the Sun Devils' performance against Stanford.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 21Dan discusses ASU head baseball coach Tracy Smith's tweet.
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf