ASU struggles offensively, falters late in loss to Colorado: By the numbers
Failing to find much of a rhythm at the offensive end, the Sun Devils came up short against Josh Scott (13 points and 13 rebounds) and the Colorado Buffaloes by a final of 61-52.
Here's a look back at the nine-point loss by the numbers:
Arizona State finished with zero second chance points inside the Coors Events Center. By comparison, Colorado finished with 12.
Jahii Carson was the lone Sun Devil starter to reach double figures in scoring. In fact, the sophomore guard had nearly as many points by himself (19) as the other four starters had combined (19). Fresh off his career-high 29-point performance, senior Jermaine Marshall shot an abysmal 3-of-13 from the field for seven points. Eric Jacobsen played 20 minutes as well and yet failed to record a single point.
Coming into the contest on arguably the best stretch of his collegiate career, Jordan Bachynski failed to duplicate his recent string of performances in his head-to-head battle with Josh Scott. Bachysnki finished with only three rebounds, tied for his fewest in Pac-12 play this season.
With the win, Colorado moved to 5-5 all-time vs. ASU. Additionally, the Buffaloes snapped a three-game losing streak against the Sun Devils dating back to 2012-13.
Herb Sendek's squad only made 17 of its 54 attempts good for a 31.5 percent shooting night. Of those 10, the Sun Devils nearly hit as many three-point shots (7) as two-point field goals.
Scott's double-double was his 11th of the season. He also finished with two blocks and hit five of his six attempts from the charity stripe.
ASU didn't just lose the rebounding battle, it got obliterated on the glass. Colorado ended the game with 21 more rebounds -- 48 to 27 -- than the Sun Devils. The Buffaloes had five players grab at least five boards in the win.
The Sun Devils' 52-point output was their lowest of the season. It's their fewest in a game since Feb. 18, 2012.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU lands forward Savon Goodman
- Shaquielle McKissic wins appeal, will return to ASU for another year
- ASU head coach Herb Sendek: Team will play 'more difficult' schedule in 2014-15
- ASU's Jahii Carson officially headed to NBA Draft
- Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.