ASU struggles offensively, falters late in loss to Colorado: By the numbers
Failing to find much of a rhythm at the offensive end, the Sun Devils came up short against Josh Scott (13 points and 13 rebounds) and the Colorado Buffaloes by a final of 61-52.
Here's a look back at the nine-point loss by the numbers:
Arizona State finished with zero second chance points inside the Coors Events Center. By comparison, Colorado finished with 12.
Jahii Carson was the lone Sun Devil starter to reach double figures in scoring. In fact, the sophomore guard had nearly as many points by himself (19) as the other four starters had combined (19). Fresh off his career-high 29-point performance, senior Jermaine Marshall shot an abysmal 3-of-13 from the field for seven points. Eric Jacobsen played 20 minutes as well and yet failed to record a single point.
Coming into the contest on arguably the best stretch of his collegiate career, Jordan Bachynski failed to duplicate his recent string of performances in his head-to-head battle with Josh Scott. Bachysnki finished with only three rebounds, tied for his fewest in Pac-12 play this season.
With the win, Colorado moved to 5-5 all-time vs. ASU. Additionally, the Buffaloes snapped a three-game losing streak against the Sun Devils dating back to 2012-13.
Herb Sendek's squad only made 17 of its 54 attempts good for a 31.5 percent shooting night. Of those 10, the Sun Devils nearly hit as many three-point shots (7) as two-point field goals.
Scott's double-double was his 11th of the season. He also finished with two blocks and hit five of his six attempts from the charity stripe.
ASU didn't just lose the rebounding battle, it got obliterated on the glass. Colorado ended the game with 21 more rebounds -- 48 to 27 -- than the Sun Devils. The Buffaloes had five players grab at least five boards in the win.
The Sun Devils' 52-point output was their lowest of the season. It's their fewest in a game since Feb. 18, 2012.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU lands No. 3 seed in Pac-12 tournament despite loss
- Another slow start hampers Sun Devils in OT loss to Beavers: By the Numbers
- ASU's road comeback vs. OSU falls short in OT
- ASU athletic director hopes to make 'significant improvements' to men's basketball team
- Flat start dooms Sun Devils in loss to Ducks: By the Numbers
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.