ASU struggles offensively, falters late in loss to Colorado: By the numbers
Failing to find much of a rhythm at the offensive end, the Sun Devils came up short against Josh Scott (13 points and 13 rebounds) and the Colorado Buffaloes by a final of 61-52.
Here's a look back at the nine-point loss by the numbers:
Arizona State finished with zero second chance points inside the Coors Events Center. By comparison, Colorado finished with 12.
Jahii Carson was the lone Sun Devil starter to reach double figures in scoring. In fact, the sophomore guard had nearly as many points by himself (19) as the other four starters had combined (19). Fresh off his career-high 29-point performance, senior Jermaine Marshall shot an abysmal 3-of-13 from the field for seven points. Eric Jacobsen played 20 minutes as well and yet failed to record a single point.
Coming into the contest on arguably the best stretch of his collegiate career, Jordan Bachynski failed to duplicate his recent string of performances in his head-to-head battle with Josh Scott. Bachysnki finished with only three rebounds, tied for his fewest in Pac-12 play this season.
With the win, Colorado moved to 5-5 all-time vs. ASU. Additionally, the Buffaloes snapped a three-game losing streak against the Sun Devils dating back to 2012-13.
Herb Sendek's squad only made 17 of its 54 attempts good for a 31.5 percent shooting night. Of those 10, the Sun Devils nearly hit as many three-point shots (7) as two-point field goals.
Scott's double-double was his 11th of the season. He also finished with two blocks and hit five of his six attempts from the charity stripe.
ASU didn't just lose the rebounding battle, it got obliterated on the glass. Colorado ended the game with 21 more rebounds -- 48 to 27 -- than the Sun Devils. The Buffaloes had five players grab at least five boards in the win.
The Sun Devils' 52-point output was their lowest of the season. It's their fewest in a game since Feb. 18, 2012.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jordan Bachynski to play for Hornets Summer League team
- Jahii Carson, Jermaine Marshall to play for Rockets Summer League team in Orlando
- ASU's Sendek listed among coaches on the 'hot seat' in 2014-15
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.
- Willie Bloomquist, Seattle Mariners infielder & former Sun Devil - Wednesday June 18Is managing in former Sun Devil Willie Bloomquist’s future?