Could ASU's Jahii Carson return for another season?
Prior to the Sun Devils' game against Cal, seniors Jordan Bachynski, Richie Edwards, Jermaine Marshall, Shaquielle McKissic, Jarrett Upchurch and Dave Whitmore will be honored.
But could Saturday also mark the final home game in the ASU career of guard Jahii Carson? The sophomore tweeted before the season that this would be his final year in Tempe and he'd be headed to the NBA Draft.
This year at ASU I'm participating I'm every school event. This my last go round time to have fun— Jahii Carson (@Jahii_carson1) August 6, 2013
Most projections have Carson as a second-round pick due to inconsistent play and a perceived lack of improvement in key areas of his game.
Carson scored 26 points Wednesday night in ASU's 76-64 win over Stanford -- his home career-high -- but didn't sound too sure afterward that he only had one more game left at Wells Fargo Arena.
"(Jordan Bachynski) and all the seniors that have been here and who have been a big brother to me, that's just the saddest part for me, them having their last game here at Arizona State," Carson said. "I have many more opportunities if I decide to."
This is the first time the 2013 Pac-12 Co-Freshman of the Year has left the door open for a return to campus for another season.
"I'm just saying if there was a time that I would say 'I want to come back,' I have two more years of eligibility," he said. "(Senior Day) is for those guys who have been here for four years and have sacrificed and put everything on the line for four years -- that's their night. That's not really mine."
Carson is averaging 18.7 points and 4.6 assists per game for the Sun Devils, who notched their 20th win of the season with their triumph over Stanford.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.