Could ASU's Jahii Carson return for another season?
Prior to the Sun Devils' game against Cal, seniors Jordan Bachynski, Richie Edwards, Jermaine Marshall, Shaquielle McKissic, Jarrett Upchurch and Dave Whitmore will be honored.
But could Saturday also mark the final home game in the ASU career of guard Jahii Carson? The sophomore tweeted before the season that this would be his final year in Tempe and he'd be headed to the NBA Draft.
This year at ASU I'm participating I'm every school event. This my last go round time to have fun— Jahii Carson (@Jahii_carson1) August 6, 2013
Most projections have Carson as a second-round pick due to inconsistent play and a perceived lack of improvement in key areas of his game.
Carson scored 26 points Wednesday night in ASU's 76-64 win over Stanford -- his home career-high -- but didn't sound too sure afterward that he only had one more game left at Wells Fargo Arena.
"(Jordan Bachynski) and all the seniors that have been here and who have been a big brother to me, that's just the saddest part for me, them having their last game here at Arizona State," Carson said. "I have many more opportunities if I decide to."
This is the first time the 2013 Pac-12 Co-Freshman of the Year has left the door open for a return to campus for another season.
"I'm just saying if there was a time that I would say 'I want to come back,' I have two more years of eligibility," he said. "(Senior Day) is for those guys who have been here for four years and have sacrificed and put everything on the line for four years -- that's their night. That's not really mine."
Carson is averaging 18.7 points and 4.6 assists per game for the Sun Devils, who notched their 20th win of the season with their triumph over Stanford.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- ASU lands No. 3 seed in Pac-12 tournament despite loss
- Another slow start hampers Sun Devils in OT loss to Beavers: By the Numbers
- ASU's road comeback vs. OSU falls short in OT
- ASU athletic director hopes to make 'significant improvements' to men's basketball team
- Flat start dooms Sun Devils in loss to Ducks: By the Numbers
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday March 7What's the state of ASU Football?
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday March 5Ray Anderson talks all things ASU with Dan and Vince.