Saturday is Senior Day for the Arizona State men's basketball team.
Prior to the Sun Devils' game against Cal, seniors Jordan Bachynski, Richie Edwards, Jermaine Marshall, Shaquielle McKissic, Jarrett Upchurch and Dave Whitmore will be honored.
But could Saturday also mark the final home game in the ASU career of guard Jahii Carson? The sophomore tweeted before the season that this would be his final year in Tempe and he'd be headed to the NBA Draft.
This year at ASU I'm participating I'm every school event. This my last go round time to have fun— Jahii Carson (@Jahii_carson1) August 6, 2013
Most projections have Carson as a second-round pick due to inconsistent play and a perceived lack of improvement in key areas of his game.
Carson scored 26 points Wednesday night in ASU's 76-64 win over Stanford -- his home career-high -- but didn't sound too sure afterward that he only had one more game left at Wells Fargo Arena.
"(Jordan Bachynski) and all the seniors that have been here and who have been a big brother to me, that's just the saddest part for me, them having their last game here at Arizona State," Carson said. "I have many more opportunities if I decide to."
This is the first time the 2013 Pac-12 Co-Freshman of the Year has left the door open for a return to campus for another season.
"I'm just saying if there was a time that I would say 'I want to come back,' I have two more years of eligibility," he said. "(Senior Day) is for those guys who have been here for four years and have sacrificed and put everything on the line for four years -- that's their night. That's not really mine."
Carson is averaging 18.7 points and 4.6 assists per game for the Sun Devils, who notched their 20th win of the season with their triumph over Stanford.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- D.J. Foster, ASU running back - Wednesday September 17D.J. Foster talks about why he chose to stay home and be a Sun Devil
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 17Ray Anderson explains why he and Todd Graham donated a combined $1,000,000 to the ASU stadium renova
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike
- Doug Haller - azcentral sports - Tuesday September 16Doug Haller of azcentral sports discusses what Mike Bercovici has to do in order to be a successful