Updated Mar 1, 2014 - 9:27 pm
Arizona State wins second straight, handles Cal on Senior Day: By The Numbers
First, they arrived just in time for the SB-1062 hoopla and Gov. Jan Brewer's eventual veto. They then got hammered in Tucson.
After a couple of weird weather days, they made their way to the floor of Wells-Fargo Arena. And got handled again, in a 78-60 loss.
It was Senior Day in Tempe, where, most notably, Jordan Bachynski and Jermaine Marshall rounded out their time playing on campus. Sophomore Jahii Carson also announced his intentions to leave college.
Here's a closer look at the ASU win, by the numbers:
With four blocks in his final game at Wells-Fargo Arena, Bachynski topped his previous single-season Pac-12 block record of 120 -- set in 2012-13 -- now boasting 123 blocks on the season with two games to go. He added seven rebounds and eight points to the effort.
Arizona State honored six seniors prior to the game. They were: Bachynski, Marshall, Shaquielle McKissic, Richie Evans, Jarett Upchurch and Dave Whitmore. All but Evans made an appearance on the floor.
The Sun Devils shot more than 10 percent better overall than the Golden Bears on Saturday. They knocked down 52.6 percent of their three-point attempts and 71.4 percent of their free throws, compared to 37.5 and 58.8 percent, respectively, for the Golden Bears.
Marshall logged his 11th 20-point game of the season on Saturday, dropping a game-high 22 on the Golden Bears, thanks to hitting 6-of-8 three-point attempts and 7-of-11 shots overall, while hitting both of his free throw attempts. In such point-scoring efforts from Marshall, the Sun Devils are 9-2.
ASU's 78 points were good for their second-highest regulation scoring total in conference play so far this season. Twice previously they've logged 79 points in 40 minutes.
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jordan Bachynski to play for Hornets Summer League team
- Jahii Carson, Jermaine Marshall to play for Rockets Summer League team in Orlando
- ASU's Sendek listed among coaches on the 'hot seat' in 2014-15
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.