Cal's tour through the state of Arizona was interesting. On the court, it was pretty unpleasant.
First, they arrived just in time for the SB-1062 hoopla and Gov. Jan Brewer's eventual veto. They then got hammered in Tucson.
After a couple of weird weather days, they made their way to the floor of Wells-Fargo Arena. And got handled again, in a 78-60 loss.
It was Senior Day in Tempe, where, most notably, Jordan Bachynski and Jermaine Marshall rounded out their time playing on campus. Sophomore Jahii Carson also announced his intentions to leave college.
Here's a closer look at the ASU win, by the numbers:
With four blocks in his final game at Wells-Fargo Arena, Bachynski topped his previous single-season Pac-12 block record of 120 -- set in 2012-13 -- now boasting 123 blocks on the season with two games to go. He added seven rebounds and eight points to the effort.
Arizona State honored six seniors prior to the game. They were: Bachynski, Marshall, Shaquielle McKissic, Richie Evans, Jarett Upchurch and Dave Whitmore. All but Evans made an appearance on the floor.
The Sun Devils shot more than 10 percent better overall than the Golden Bears on Saturday. They knocked down 52.6 percent of their three-point attempts and 71.4 percent of their free throws, compared to 37.5 and 58.8 percent, respectively, for the Golden Bears.
Marshall logged his 11th 20-point game of the season on Saturday, dropping a game-high 22 on the Golden Bears, thanks to hitting 6-of-8 three-point attempts and 7-of-11 shots overall, while hitting both of his free throw attempts. In such point-scoring efforts from Marshall, the Sun Devils are 9-2.
ASU's 78 points were good for their second-highest regulation scoring total in conference play so far this season. Twice previously they've logged 79 points in 40 minutes.
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Lionel Hollins honored by ASU jersey retirement
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday September 12ASU head coach Todd Graham talks about this Saturday's game with Colorado.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 10ASU athletic director Ray Anderson is disappointed in the NFL office.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 9ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the Big 10's playoff chances are done.
- Jake Plummer - Former Cardinals & ASU quarterback - Tuesday September 9Jake Plummer discusses the Pac-12 and which teams he thinks are at the top.
- Bob Davie, University of New Mexico head football coach - Friday September 5Bob Davie discusses his triple-option offense and building his program at New Mexico.