Updated Mar 1, 2014 - 9:27 pm
Arizona State wins second straight, handles Cal on Senior Day: By The Numbers
First, they arrived just in time for the SB-1062 hoopla and Gov. Jan Brewer's eventual veto. They then got hammered in Tucson.
After a couple of weird weather days, they made their way to the floor of Wells-Fargo Arena. And got handled again, in a 78-60 loss.
It was Senior Day in Tempe, where, most notably, Jordan Bachynski and Jermaine Marshall rounded out their time playing on campus. Sophomore Jahii Carson also announced his intentions to leave college.
Here's a closer look at the ASU win, by the numbers:
With four blocks in his final game at Wells-Fargo Arena, Bachynski topped his previous single-season Pac-12 block record of 120 -- set in 2012-13 -- now boasting 123 blocks on the season with two games to go. He added seven rebounds and eight points to the effort.
Arizona State honored six seniors prior to the game. They were: Bachynski, Marshall, Shaquielle McKissic, Richie Evans, Jarett Upchurch and Dave Whitmore. All but Evans made an appearance on the floor.
The Sun Devils shot more than 10 percent better overall than the Golden Bears on Saturday. They knocked down 52.6 percent of their three-point attempts and 71.4 percent of their free throws, compared to 37.5 and 58.8 percent, respectively, for the Golden Bears.
Marshall logged his 11th 20-point game of the season on Saturday, dropping a game-high 22 on the Golden Bears, thanks to hitting 6-of-8 three-point attempts and 7-of-11 shots overall, while hitting both of his free throw attempts. In such point-scoring efforts from Marshall, the Sun Devils are 9-2.
ASU's 78 points were good for their second-highest regulation scoring total in conference play so far this season. Twice previously they've logged 79 points in 40 minutes.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.