Have the Sun Devils done enough to earn an NCAA Tournament invite?
ASU completed their third consecutive Pac-12 home sweep with wins over California and Stanford to push their record to 21-8 overall and 10-6 in conference with just two games remaining.
Most national experts have the Sun Devils receiving an invitation to the NCAA Tournament at this point, but head coach Herb Sendek isn't ready to make travel arrangements just yet.
"I'd like to think we're in a very good position right now," Sendek said following Saturday's 78-60 win over Stanford at Wells Fargo Arena. "But I certainly haven't studied it and analyzed it like the committee is in the process of doing and will continue to do. So all we can do is focus on our next game, like we always do."
ASU will wrap up the regular season on the road against Oregon Tuesday and Oregon State Saturday before heading to Las Vegas for the Pac-12 Tournament.
ESPN's Joe Lunardi, the country's premier bracketologist, has ASU as an 8-seed in the East and facing Kansas State in their first game. A win there, at least in this projection, would have the Devils facing the nation's top-ranked team, the Florida Gators, in the next round.
Similarly, CBS Sports' Jerry Palm has the Sun Devils as an 8-seed, but in the South taking on SMU in their first game.
But, Sendek isn't too concerned about any of it. Rather, he's focusing on what his team and conference have been able to accomplish so far.
"I think the Pac-12 is going to be handsomely rewarded," he said. "Forget RPI, BPI, you know all the numbers -- if you just use the eyeball test and just watch Pac-12 basketball, the quality of play is at a really, really high level.
"I would not be at all surprised, and I think it's quite possible, we could get as many as eight teams in the tournament this year. I don't think that would be a stretch -- I think our league has been that good this year."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Lionel Hollins honored by ASU jersey retirement
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.