The Sun Devils' trip westward must have thrown off the time clock. Falling back an hour resulted in falling back early in games, procrastinating and coming up short against a pair of Oregonian opponents.
On Saturday, the Sun Devils dropped their second straight game in a regular season finale 78-76 overtime loss to Oregon State.
Jahii Carson and Jonathon Gilling led ASU's delayed effort, which was ultimately enough to put together a strong late comeback.
Here's a look back at the devastating overtime loss by the numbers:
Saturday's regular season finale loss in Corvallis was ASU's only overtime loss of the season. They were undefeated in three overtime games prior.
It took Jermaine Marshall seven three-point misses to finally stroke one, but it couldn't have come at a better time. ASU's senior guard scored the final points of regulation, forcing overtime with a spot-up three-pointer that came with 0:20 on the clock.
Arizona State suffered on the boards Saturday, getting outrebounded by Oregon State 44-33.
Speaking of rebounding, Beavers forward Eric Moreland led the team's charge, pulling down 19 to complement the 16 points he bucketed. He was the only player in the game to record a double-double in the box score.
In 40 minutes off the bench, Gilling recorded a season-high 20 points in the Sun Devils' defeat. The junior forward shot 6-of-8 from the field, hitting 6 of his 7 long range attempts, while knocking down both of his free throw shots.
Carson logged a game-high 24 points in 40 minutes on Saturday. He got to the line for 11 free-throw attempts, assisting seven scores and grabbing four rebounds.
ASU shot 41 percent from the floor on Saturday, hitting three less field goals than Oregon State, who shot 47.5 percent. The Sun Devils' leading shot-taker, Carson, shot 41.1 percent from the field, going 7-for-17.
The Sun Devils concluded their regular season with a 21-10 record (10-8 Pac-12).
The Sun Devils led the Beavers for a total of 52 seconds in regulation.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mike Norvell- ASU offensive coordinator - Thursday September 18Mike Norvell expresses his confidence in Mike Bercovici as a quarterback.
- D.J. Foster, ASU running back - Wednesday September 17D.J. Foster talks about why he chose to stay home and be a Sun Devil
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 17Ray Anderson explains why he and Todd Graham donated a combined $1,000,000 to the ASU stadium renova
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike