Updated Mar 8, 2014 - 8:05 pm
Another slow start hampers Sun Devils in OT loss to Beavers: By the Numbers
On Saturday, the Sun Devils dropped their second straight game in a regular season finale 78-76 overtime loss to Oregon State.
Jahii Carson and Jonathon Gilling led ASU's delayed effort, which was ultimately enough to put together a strong late comeback.
Here's a look back at the devastating overtime loss by the numbers:
Saturday's regular season finale loss in Corvallis was ASU's only overtime loss of the season. They were undefeated in three overtime games prior.
It took Jermaine Marshall seven three-point misses to finally stroke one, but it couldn't have come at a better time. ASU's senior guard scored the final points of regulation, forcing overtime with a spot-up three-pointer that came with 0:20 on the clock.
Arizona State suffered on the boards Saturday, getting outrebounded by Oregon State 44-33.
Speaking of rebounding, Beavers forward Eric Moreland led the team's charge, pulling down 19 to complement the 16 points he bucketed. He was the only player in the game to record a double-double in the box score.
In 40 minutes off the bench, Gilling recorded a season-high 20 points in the Sun Devils' defeat. The junior forward shot 6-of-8 from the field, hitting 6 of his 7 long range attempts, while knocking down both of his free throw shots.
Carson logged a game-high 24 points in 40 minutes on Saturday. He got to the line for 11 free-throw attempts, assisting seven scores and grabbing four rebounds.
ASU shot 41 percent from the floor on Saturday, hitting three less field goals than Oregon State, who shot 47.5 percent. The Sun Devils' leading shot-taker, Carson, shot 41.1 percent from the field, going 7-for-17.
The Sun Devils concluded their regular season with a 21-10 record (10-8 Pac-12).
The Sun Devils led the Beavers for a total of 52 seconds in regulation.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, Sun Devil Football Color Analyst - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf talk to Sun Devil football color analyst Jeff Van Raaphorst.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Thursday August 28Doug Haller predicts the Sun Devil offense won't play much after halftime of tonight's game.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commissioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.