Despite losing its final two regular season games, Arizona State has landed the No. 3 seed in next week's Pac-12 tournament, thanks in part to Cal's 66-65 overtime win over Colorado on Saturday.
Arizona State was dependent on Cal's exploits against Colorado after losing 78-76 to Oregon State in their own overtime game earlier in the day.
ASU finished Pac-12 play with a 10-8 record, 21-10 overall. Their conference record tied all of Oregon, Colorado, Stanford and Cal, but the Sun Devils' regular season sweep of the Golden Bears gave them an edge in the seeding process. Arizona and UCLA grabbed the tournament's top two seeds, respectively.
The Pac-12 tournament begins Wednesday at 12:00 p.m. MDT in Las Vegas. The Sun Devils are scheduled to play Thursday at 8:30 p.m. against the winner of the first round game between either Stanford and Washington State or Stanford and USC, pending the outcome of UCLA-Washington State, to be played later Saturday night.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 30ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the wheels could come off for ASU in a hurry.
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Wednesday September 24AZCentral sports reporter Doug Haller previews Arizona State's matchup with UCLA.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday September 24Dan discusses the newly found connection between the Arizona Cardinals and the Arizona State Sun Dev