Despite losing its final two regular season games, Arizona State has landed the No. 3 seed in next week's Pac-12 tournament, thanks in part to Cal's 66-65 overtime win over Colorado on Saturday.
Arizona State was dependent on Cal's exploits against Colorado after losing 78-76 to Oregon State in their own overtime game earlier in the day.
ASU finished Pac-12 play with a 10-8 record, 21-10 overall. Their conference record tied all of Oregon, Colorado, Stanford and Cal, but the Sun Devils' regular season sweep of the Golden Bears gave them an edge in the seeding process. Arizona and UCLA grabbed the tournament's top two seeds, respectively.
The Pac-12 tournament begins Wednesday at 12:00 p.m. MDT in Las Vegas. The Sun Devils are scheduled to play Thursday at 8:30 p.m. against the winner of the first round game between either Stanford and Washington State or Stanford and USC, pending the outcome of UCLA-Washington State, to be played later Saturday night.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike
- Doug Haller - azcentral sports - Tuesday September 16Doug Haller of azcentral sports discusses what Mike Bercovici has to do in order to be a successful
- Jake Plummer - Former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday September 16Former ASU and Cardinals quarterback Jake Plummer discusses Taylor Kelly's injury and what ASU has
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday September 12ASU head coach Todd Graham talks about this Saturday's game with Colorado.