Updated Mar 10, 2014 - 10:58 am
ASU's Jordan Bachynski named Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year
Bachynski, a Calgary, Alberta native, led the nation in blocked shots, averaging 4.23 per game. During the season, Bachynski surpassed former Arizona star Anthony Cook as the conference's all-time leading shot blocker. The 7-foot-2 center has 309 blocked shots in his career.
Bachynski preserved Sun Devil wins over Marquette, Oregon and Arizona with late blocked shots.
Joining the ASU big man on the Pac-12 All-Defensive Team are Stanford forward Josh Huestis, Arizona guards Nick Johnson and T.J. McConnell and Utah guard Delon Wright.
This is the first time in school history that an Arizona State player has won the defensive honor.
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jordan Bachynski to play for Hornets Summer League team
- Jahii Carson, Jermaine Marshall to play for Rockets Summer League team in Orlando
- ASU's Sendek listed among coaches on the 'hot seat' in 2014-15
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.
- Herb Sendek- ASU men's bball coach - Wednesday June 25ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek talks Sun Devil basketball and the NBA Draft.
- Fran Fraschilla- ESPN college basketball insider - Friday June 20ESPN College basketball insider Fran Fraschilla joins the show to discuss the 2014 NBA Draft.