Arizona State sophomore point guard Jahii Carson was named to the All-Pac-12 First Team Monday.
Carson led the Sun Devils in points (18.9) and assists (4.5) in his last season with the team. The 5-foot-10 guard announced earlier this month he would not return for his junior season, and is choosing to declare for the NBA draft later this spring.
The Mesa native had 11 games with at least 20 points this season, including a career-high 40-point performance in a win over UNLV. Carson leads the Sun Devils into Pac-12 Tournament play Thursday, and the team remains hopeful of a NCAA Tournament invite later this month.
In his two-year career in Tempe, Carson put up 1,232 points and dished out 317 assists.
Teammate Jordan Bachynski was named the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year -- the first time a Sun Devil has won the award, and was also named to the All-Pac-12 Second Team.
Senior guard Jermaine Marshall was a honorable mention for the All-Conference team. The fifth-year senior transferred to ASU last July, after putting up team-high scoring numbers for Penn State the year prior.
Joining Carson on the All-Pac-12 first team are UCLA guards Jordan Adams and Kyle Anderson, Cal guard Justin Cobbs, Colorado forward Josh Scott, Utah guard Delon Wright, Stanford guard Chasson Randle and forward Dwight Powell and Arizona guard Nick Johnson and forward Aaron Gordon.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 21ESPN college football analyst Mark May says Taylor Kelly will be ready to play for ASU.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday October 21ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses finally beating Stanford.
- Jake Plummer, former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday October 21Jake Plummer discusses the Sun Devils' performance against Stanford.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 21Dan discusses ASU head baseball coach Tracy Smith's tweet.
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf