Arizona State sophomore point guard Jahii Carson was named to the All-Pac-12 First Team Monday.
Carson led the Sun Devils in points (18.9) and assists (4.5) in his last season with the team. The 5-foot-10 guard announced earlier this month he would not return for his junior season, and is choosing to declare for the NBA draft later this spring.
The Mesa native had 11 games with at least 20 points this season, including a career-high 40-point performance in a win over UNLV. Carson leads the Sun Devils into Pac-12 Tournament play Thursday, and the team remains hopeful of a NCAA Tournament invite later this month.
In his two-year career in Tempe, Carson put up 1,232 points and dished out 317 assists.
Teammate Jordan Bachynski was named the Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year -- the first time a Sun Devil has won the award, and was also named to the All-Pac-12 Second Team.
Senior guard Jermaine Marshall was a honorable mention for the All-Conference team. The fifth-year senior transferred to ASU last July, after putting up team-high scoring numbers for Penn State the year prior.
Joining Carson on the All-Pac-12 first team are UCLA guards Jordan Adams and Kyle Anderson, Cal guard Justin Cobbs, Colorado forward Josh Scott, Utah guard Delon Wright, Stanford guard Chasson Randle and forward Dwight Powell and Arizona guard Nick Johnson and forward Aaron Gordon.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Rick Neuheisel - Pac-12 Network Analyst - Friday October 17Rick Neuheisel believes it could be a rough weekend for the Sun Devils against Stanford.
- Todd Graham, ASU Head Football Coach - Friday October 17ASU football head coach Todd Graham says if Taylor Kelly feels he is ready to play he will play.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday October 15ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the upcoming weekend for ASU Athletics.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 14ESPN college football analyst Mark May says anyone can win the Pac-12 South.
- Jake Plummer, Former ASU & Cardinals Quarterback - Tuesday October 14Jake Plummer discusses what the Sun Devils need to do to beat Stanford.