ASU AD: Hell will be raised if Sun Devils don't make NCAA Tourney
If not, it would be fair to say ASU athletic director Ray Anderson would be, at the very least, outraged.
"We played a very, very strong Pac-12 schedule," Anderson told the Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "We're 21-10 and we have a 37 RPI, so if for some reason we don't get in the tournament, very frankly we'd have to raise some hell and I wouldn't be hesitant to do that."
After losing their final two regular season games, ASU has been predicted to make the tournament as an eight or nine seed, according to most college basketball experts.
The Sun Devils have nine wins against teams in the top 100 for RPI, including a double-overtime victory against then second-ranked Arizona.
Before the Sun Devils learn of their national tournament fate, they have a chance to increase their odds of a better seed with success in the Pac-12 Tournament being played in Las Vegas March 12-15.
"I think the guys are coming in here and ready," Anderson said. "We were fortunate to get that no. 3 seed so we'll play the winner of Washington State and Stanford tomorrow night. It's going to be an exciting tournament and I think our guys are going to rise up and do well."
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jordan Bachynski to play for Hornets Summer League team
- Jahii Carson, Jermaine Marshall to play for Rockets Summer League team in Orlando
- ASU's Sendek listed among coaches on the 'hot seat' in 2014-15
- Tracy Smith, ASU Baseball Head Coach - Thursday July 31ASU baseball’s new head coach Tracy Smith talks about taking over the program.
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Thursday July 31Head coach Todd Graham talks about the upcoming season of ASU football.
- Dr. Michael Crow, ASU president - Wednesday July 23ASU president Dr. Michael Crow is this week’s guest on the Fork Report.
- Adam Archuleta, former ASU & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 16Former ASU & NFL DB Adam Archuleta is the guest on this week’s ASU Fork Report.
- Darren Woodson, former Sun Devil & NFL defensive back - Wednesday July 9Former Sun Devil DB Darren Woodson shares his thoughts on ASU football.