ASU AD: Hell will be raised if Sun Devils don't make NCAA Tourney
If not, it would be fair to say ASU athletic director Ray Anderson would be, at the very least, outraged.
"We played a very, very strong Pac-12 schedule," Anderson told the Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "We're 21-10 and we have a 37 RPI, so if for some reason we don't get in the tournament, very frankly we'd have to raise some hell and I wouldn't be hesitant to do that."
After losing their final two regular season games, ASU has been predicted to make the tournament as an eight or nine seed, according to most college basketball experts.
The Sun Devils have nine wins against teams in the top 100 for RPI, including a double-overtime victory against then second-ranked Arizona.
Before the Sun Devils learn of their national tournament fate, they have a chance to increase their odds of a better seed with success in the Pac-12 Tournament being played in Las Vegas March 12-15.
"I think the guys are coming in here and ready," Anderson said. "We were fortunate to get that no. 3 seed so we'll play the winner of Washington State and Stanford tomorrow night. It's going to be an exciting tournament and I think our guys are going to rise up and do well."
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.