With the field of 68 teams scheduled to be announced Sunday, Arizona State hopes to be among the 36 schools receiving an at-large bid to the NCAA Tournament, if the team doesn't win the Pac-12 Tournament outright.
If not, it would be fair to say ASU athletic director Ray Anderson would be, at the very least, outraged.
"We played a very, very strong Pac-12 schedule," Anderson told the Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "We're 21-10 and we have a 37 RPI, so if for some reason we don't get in the tournament, very frankly we'd have to raise some hell and I wouldn't be hesitant to do that."
After losing their final two regular season games, ASU has been predicted to make the tournament as an eight or nine seed, according to most college basketball experts.
The Sun Devils have nine wins against teams in the top 100 for RPI, including a double-overtime victory against then second-ranked Arizona.
Before the Sun Devils learn of their national tournament fate, they have a chance to increase their odds of a better seed with success in the Pac-12 Tournament being played in Las Vegas March 12-15.
"I think the guys are coming in here and ready," Anderson said. "We were fortunate to get that no. 3 seed so we'll play the winner of Washington State and Stanford tomorrow night. It's going to be an exciting tournament and I think our guys are going to rise up and do well."
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike
- Doug Haller - azcentral sports - Tuesday September 16Doug Haller of azcentral sports discusses what Mike Bercovici has to do in order to be a successful
- Jake Plummer - Former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday September 16Former ASU and Cardinals quarterback Jake Plummer discusses Taylor Kelly's injury and what ASU has
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday September 12ASU head coach Todd Graham talks about this Saturday's game with Colorado.