Updated Apr 7, 2014 - 12:56 pm
Report: Arizona State assistant Eric Musselman resigns
After spending two seasons at Arizona State working under Herb Sendek, former NBA head coach Eric Mussleman has resigned and is pursuing other opportunities according to multiple sources directly familiar with the development.
According to the report, ASU will hire Indian Hills Community College head coach Barret Peery in Musselman's place.
Peery coached his team to a 34-3 record and the NJCAA championship game as the tournament's No. 1 seed last month.
Indian Hills guard Roosevelt Scott signed with ASU last November and will join his coach in Tempe.
Peery took over at Indian Hills in 2011 and has a career record of 93-11 over three years. His prior experience includes three seasons as an assistant at the University of Utah and a playing career at the College of Southern Utah.
It is not yet known what is next for Musselman's coaching career.
- Lionel Hollins honored by ASU jersey retirement
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Larry Scott - Pac-12 commisioner - Wednesday August 27Pac-12 commissioner Larry Scott believes the Pac-12 will continue to rise and get stronger.
- Ray Anderson - ASU athletic director - Wednesday August 27ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson prepares for his first ASU football season.
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Todd Graham, head coach ASU football - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.