Updated Apr 7, 2014 - 12:56 pm
Report: Arizona State assistant Eric Musselman resigns
After spending two seasons at Arizona State working under Herb Sendek, former NBA head coach Eric Mussleman has resigned and is pursuing other opportunities according to multiple sources directly familiar with the development.
According to the report, ASU will hire Indian Hills Community College head coach Barret Peery in Musselman's place.
Peery coached his team to a 34-3 record and the NJCAA championship game as the tournament's No. 1 seed last month.
Indian Hills guard Roosevelt Scott signed with ASU last November and will join his coach in Tempe.
Peery took over at Indian Hills in 2011 and has a career record of 93-11 over three years. His prior experience includes three seasons as an assistant at the University of Utah and a playing career at the College of Southern Utah.
It is not yet known what is next for Musselman's coaching career.
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!