Arizona State vs. Texas ranked as one of the top 2014 NCAA Tournament games
Such is life in the NCAA Tournament.
According to Matt Norlander of CBSSports.com, Arizona State's 87-85 loss to Texas in the second round of the dance was the 10th-most entertaining game in the entire tournament.
Wondering why this one made the list? Consider: It was the only game this tournament with a true buzzer-beater.
A game ending at the horn has to count for something, I say. Though I think Cameron Ridley's putback on an awful shot by Jonathan Holmes will wind up being one of the most forgettable winners at the buzzer in tournament history. The fact Texas went on to get smoked againt Michigan doesn't help matters, either. But! The game was still close and decided in the closing seconds of that first Thursday of the tournament.
Odds are this gives ASU fans little solace, as there are few things worse than losing on a buzzer-beater.
But at the very least, the team played a good game, had a chance at the end and provided many with an entertaining 40 minutes of basketball.
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Bill Hancock - College Football Playoff executive director - Wednesday August 27How will the playoff system impact college football?
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Todd Graham, head coach ASU football - Wednesday August 27Arizona State football coach Todd Graham discusses his team's upcoming matchup against Weber State.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday August 26Mark May shares his thoughts on the upcoming college football season.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 26Could the Sun Devils' offense be one of the most prolific in the Pac-12?