Arizona State head coach Herb Sendek continued restocking his roster Monday by signing 6-foot-6 forward Savon Goodman.
Goodman, who started his collegiate career at UNLV, enrolled at Indian Hills Community College in Iowa for last season but did not play.
He will have three years to play three seasons at ASU.
Goodman was ranked as the 18th best power forward and 72nd best overall prospect in the Class of 2012 by Rivals.com. As a senior at Constitution High School in Philadelphia, he averaged 25.8 points and 14.2 rebounds per game while leading his team to PIAA state and Philadelphia Public League titles.
As a freshman at UNLV, he played in 27 games and averaged 3.6 points and 2.4 rebounds in 9.1 minutes per contest. He announced he was leaving the program in October of 2013 after a felony arrest for burglary. Last December, a Las Vegas judge accepted Goodman's written guilty plea to reduced charges of petty theft and trespassing.
"Savon is extremely athletic, very versatile and can rebound," Sendek said in a statement released Monday. "We love his athleticism and he will fit in well with our other newcomers and our returners."
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 17Ray Anderson explains why he and Todd Graham donated a combined $1,000,000 to the ASU stadium renova
- Rick Neuheisel, Pac-12 Network analyst - Wednesday September 17Pac-12 Network analyst Rick Neuheisel breaks down the first few weeks of Pac-12 football.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike
- Doug Haller - azcentral sports - Tuesday September 16Doug Haller of azcentral sports discusses what Mike Bercovici has to do in order to be a successful
- Jake Plummer - Former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday September 16Former ASU and Cardinals quarterback Jake Plummer discusses Taylor Kelly's injury and what ASU has