Arizona State's 2014 recruiting class got a big boost Thursday, both figuratively and literally.
Willie Atwood, one of the top ranked JUCO players in the country, committed to play for the Sun Devils. He chose ASU over Iowa and Florida State.
"Willie is athletic, can score and his motor never stops," ASU coach Herb Sendek said in a press release. "In looking at this statistics his numbers are incredible. We can't wait to get him on campus with our other newcomers and our returners. We really like what we accomplished this season in recruiting."
The Connors State Community College product stands in at 6-foot-8 and 215 pounds, and is coming off a season in which he averaged 20.8 points, 9.0 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game. he was rated as a four-star recruit.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Ray Anderson, ASU athletic director - Wednesday October 1ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses the Sun Devils overcoming adversity after their loss to
- Jake Plummer - Former Cardinals and Sun Devil quarterback - Wednesday October 1Former Arizona State and Cardinal quarterback Jake Plummer discusses the latest in college football
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 30ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the wheels could come off for ASU in a hurry.
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.