Arizona State's 2014 recruiting class got a big boost Thursday, both figuratively and literally.
Willie Atwood, one of the top ranked JUCO players in the country, committed to play for the Sun Devils. He chose ASU over Iowa and Florida State.
"Willie is athletic, can score and his motor never stops," ASU coach Herb Sendek said in a press release. "In looking at this statistics his numbers are incredible. We can't wait to get him on campus with our other newcomers and our returners. We really like what we accomplished this season in recruiting."
The Connors State Community College product stands in at 6-foot-8 and 215 pounds, and is coming off a season in which he averaged 20.8 points, 9.0 rebounds and 2.1 assists per game. he was rated as a four-star recruit.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike
- Doug Haller - azcentral sports - Tuesday September 16Doug Haller of azcentral sports discusses what Mike Bercovici has to do in order to be a successful
- Jake Plummer - Former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday September 16Former ASU and Cardinals quarterback Jake Plummer discusses Taylor Kelly's injury and what ASU has
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday September 12ASU head coach Todd Graham talks about this Saturday's game with Colorado.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 10ASU athletic director Ray Anderson is disappointed in the NFL office.