Former ASU guard Jahii Carson records 43.5-inch max vertical jump at NBA Combine
Carson, a Pac-12 Co-Freshman of the Year in 2013, came in as the smallest participant at 5'9 3/4" without shoes -- which would make him the fifth shortest NBA player ever to get drafted should he hear his name called in June.
But as the 2013-14 All-Pac-12 first-team member showed Friday, it's not all about size.
The Mesa, Ariz. native had an unofficial max vertical jump of 43.5 inches, which was tied for the best leap among all prospects with Markel Brown.
As a sophomore, Carson led the Sun Devils with 18.6 points and 4.6 assists per game. He also finished third on the team with 4.0 rebounds per game.
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson signs with Australian team
- ASU basketball to face Maryland in CBE Hall of Fame Classic
- Former Sun Devil Kevin Kruger joins NAU men's basketball staff
- Former ASU Sun Devil Carrick Felix ‘excited' by opportunity to play with LeBron James
- Former ASU Sun Devil Jordan Bachynski enjoying 'chance to learn' with Charlotte Hornets
- Jake Plummer- Former Cardinals and Sun Devils quarterback - Wednesday August 20Jake Plummer says Johnny Manziel is just passionate about the game of football.
- Craig Grialou- Arizona Sports reporter - Friday August 15Craig Grialou says the Chip Sarafin story isn't even talked about within the ASU Football team.
- Craig Grialou, AZ Sports Intrepid Sports Reporter - Friday August 15Craig gives us an update on ASU football training camp in Camp T.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Rose Bowl winning quarterback - Thursday August 14Does ASU's offense have enough firepower to overcome it's defensive shortcomings?
- ASU Fork Report - Wednesday August 13ASU Fork Report featuring Greg McElroy!