Northern Arizona announced Friday they hired former ASU men's basketball player Kevin Kruger to be on Jack Murphy's coaching staff for the 2014-15 season.
Kruger played for ASU from 2003-06 and in three seasons, he averaged 10.5 points, making 2 three-pointers made. He received his degree from ASU in that time and later continued his studies at UNLV, playing a season for his father Lon Kruger.
Kruger was able to play immediately because he earned his bachelor's degree.
After his collegiate days, Kruger appeared in the D-League and on foreign teams in Bulgaria, Italy, Mexico, Belgium and Germany.
Most recently, he was on his father's staff with Oklahoma as a graduate assistant in 2013-14.
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Lionel Hollins honored by ASU jersey retirement
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday September 12ASU head coach Todd Graham talks about this Saturday's game with Colorado.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 10ASU athletic director Ray Anderson is disappointed in the NFL office.
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 9ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the Big 10's playoff chances are done.
- Jake Plummer - Former Cardinals & ASU quarterback - Tuesday September 9Jake Plummer discusses the Pac-12 and which teams he thinks are at the top.
- Bob Davie, University of New Mexico head football coach - Friday September 5Bob Davie discusses his triple-option offense and building his program at New Mexico.