Northern Arizona announced Friday they hired former ASU men's basketball player Kevin Kruger to be on Jack Murphy's coaching staff for the 2014-15 season.
Kruger played for ASU from 2003-06 and in three seasons, he averaged 10.5 points, making 2 three-pointers made. He received his degree from ASU in that time and later continued his studies at UNLV, playing a season for his father Lon Kruger.
Kruger was able to play immediately because he earned his bachelor's degree.
After his collegiate days, Kruger appeared in the D-League and on foreign teams in Bulgaria, Italy, Mexico, Belgium and Germany.
Most recently, he was on his father's staff with Oklahoma as a graduate assistant in 2013-14.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 21ESPN college football analyst Mark May says Taylor Kelly will be ready to play for ASU.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday October 21ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses finally beating Stanford.
- Jake Plummer, former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday October 21Jake Plummer discusses the Sun Devils' performance against Stanford.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 21Dan discusses ASU head baseball coach Tracy Smith's tweet.
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf