Northern Arizona announced Friday they hired former ASU men's basketball player Kevin Kruger to be on Jack Murphy's coaching staff for the 2014-15 season.
Kruger played for ASU from 2003-06 and in three seasons, he averaged 10.5 points, making 2 three-pointers made. He received his degree from ASU in that time and later continued his studies at UNLV, playing a season for his father Lon Kruger.
Kruger was able to play immediately because he earned his bachelor's degree.
After his collegiate days, Kruger appeared in the D-League and on foreign teams in Bulgaria, Italy, Mexico, Belgium and Germany.
Most recently, he was on his father's staff with Oklahoma as a graduate assistant in 2013-14.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 30ESPN college football analyst Mark May says the wheels could come off for ASU in a hurry.
- Rocky Harris - ASU Senior Associate Athletic Director - Wednesday September 24Arizona State Senior Associate Athletic Direct Rocky Harris expects a sellout when the Sun Devils fa
- Chris Foster - Los Angeles Times - Wednesday September 24Los Angeles Times reporter Chris Foster gives the UCLA perspective on Thursday night's game.
- Doug Haller, AZCentral Sports - Wednesday September 24AZCentral sports reporter Doug Haller previews Arizona State's matchup with UCLA.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday September 24Dan discusses the newly found connection between the Arizona Cardinals and the Arizona State Sun Dev