Sources have told ASUDevils.com that Arizona State men's basketball coach Herb Sendek has inked a contract extension with the university. According to the report, the extension is pending approval from the Arizona Board of Regents.
The contract, which would extend Sendek through the 2018-19 season according to the site, would also give the 51-year-old a raise in salary on top of the $1.2 million he currently makes annually. The coach's previous contract was set to expire on June 30, 2016.
In eight seasons with the Sun Devils, Sendek is 140-119 overall and 64-80 in the Pac-12. He has twice made the NCAA Tournament since arriving in Tempe.
Sendek's Devils made the tournament last season, following a 21-12 season and a third-place finish in the Pac-12. They lost their opening round game, 87-85, to the Texas Longhorns.
As noted by ASUDevils.com, Sendek received a $600,000 retention bonus just two months ago, on July 1.
Also extended Monday was women's basketball coach Charli Turner-Thorne, whose contract was set to expire at the end of next season.
- New-look Arizona State Sun Devils will rely on defense in 2014-15
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday October 21ESPN college football analyst Mark May says Taylor Kelly will be ready to play for ASU.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday October 21ASU Athletic Director Ray Anderson discusses finally beating Stanford.
- Jake Plummer, former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday October 21Jake Plummer discusses the Sun Devils' performance against Stanford.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday October 21Dan discusses ASU head baseball coach Tracy Smith's tweet.
- Mike Bercovici, ASU quarterback - Monday October 20ASU quarterback Mike Bercovici says it was nice to take back the crown and get the win against Stanf