TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- Arizona State has agreed to contract extensions for men's basketball coach Herb Sendek and women's coach Charli Turner Thorne, a person familiar with the deals told The Associated Press.
The person spoke Monday on condition of anonymity because the deals have not been announced.
Sendek's extension would run through the 2018-19 season. His current contract goes through 2016, with an annual salary of $1.2 million.
Turner Thorne's extension would go through 2017-18. She is currently under contract through 2014-15.
Both deals will need to be approved by the Arizona Board of Regents.
Sendek, 51, led the Sun Devils to a 21-12 record last season and back into the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2009. He is 141-121 in eight seasons and was the Pac-10 coach of the year in 2009-10.
Turner Thorne has coached Arizona State for 17 seasons and is the school's career leader in victories with 325, second-most in Pac-12 history. She took a leave of absence for the 2011-12 season and, after a down year in 2012-13, led the Sun Devils to a 23-10 record and into the second round of the NCAA tournament last season.
Copyright © The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Arizona State finalizes 2014-15 basketball schedule
- Former Sun Devil Jahii Carson scores 23 points in first preseason game in Australia
- ASU A.D.: Extending Herb Sendek's contract the right decision
- AP source: ASU extends both basketball coaches
- Report: ASU men's basketball coach Herb Sendek gets contract extension
- Mark May, ESPN college football analyst - Tuesday September 16ESPN college football analyst Mark May says ASU's game plan will have to change with backup QB Mike
- Doug Haller - azcentral sports - Tuesday September 16Doug Haller of azcentral sports discusses what Mike Bercovici has to do in order to be a successful
- Jake Plummer - Former ASU and Cardinals quarterback - Tuesday September 16Former ASU and Cardinals quarterback Jake Plummer discusses Taylor Kelly's injury and what ASU has
- Todd Graham, ASU Football Head Coach - Friday September 12ASU head coach Todd Graham talks about this Saturday's game with Colorado.
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Wednesday September 10ASU athletic director Ray Anderson is disappointed in the NFL office.