Updated Nov 8, 2013 - 4:16 pm
Texans RB Foster out Sunday vs Cardinals
HOUSTON (AP) - Houston running back Arian Foster will miss Sunday's game against Arizona with an injured back.
The Pro Bowler didn't practice all week after injuring his back on Houston's first series against Indianapolis last week. He also missed most of Houston's previous game with a hamstring problem.
The team hasn't disclosed exactly what's wrong with Foster's back. Interim coach Wade Phillips said Friday that Foster had visited specialists about the problem and will likely seek more opinions.
Ben Tate, who is still recovering from four broken ribs, is expected to start in his place.
Dennis Johnson and Deji Karim, who were both signed last week, will play behind Tate.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.