Arizona football player died of blunt force trauma
POLACCA, Ariz. (AP) - Arizona officials have determined that a high school football player who collapsed on the field last month died of blunt force trauma to his head.
Charles Youvella took a hard fall during the fourth quarter of a Nov. 9 state playoff game and later died in Phoenix hospital. The 17-year-old Hopi High School senior had scored his team's only touchdown in a 60-6 loss to Arizona Lutheran Academy.
The Maricopa County medical examiner's office said Thursday that the cause of death is listed as accidental and that the full autopsy report isn't yet complete.
The Arizona Interscholastic Association has said Youvella died of a traumatic brain injury.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Cardinals kicker Jay Feely 'grateful' for chance to keep kicking
- Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Michael Floyd to make preseason debut Sunday vs. Bengals
- Report: Arizona Cardinals to work out Isaac Sopoaga
- Arizona Cardinals RB Andre Ellington excited to see more action in next preseason game
- Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, nose tackle Alameda Ta'amu activated from PUP list
- Kent Somers- azcentral sports Cardinals beat writer - Tuesday August 19Kent Somers discusses how the Cardinals plan to fill the hole left by the Darnell Dockett injury.
- Larry Fitzgerald- Cardinals receiver - Tuesday August 19Larry Fitzgerald explains the value of Darnell Dockett to the Arizona Cardinals franchise.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 19The weather in Phoenix matches the mood as Darnell Dockett is done for the season.
- Dave Pasch, NFL and college football analyst - Tuesday August 19Dave Pasch discusses the Cardinals losing Darnell Dockett for the season.
- Frank Caliendo, comedian & impressionist - Tuesday August 19Frank Caliendo makes us laugh and we count how many famous names he drops in his stories!