Updated Jan 27, 2014 - 12:31 pm
Coaches concerned about snow on practice fields
JERSEY CITY, N.J. -- Super Bowl coaches John Fox and Pete Carroll expressed concern Sunday that snow on the practice fields could hinder their preparation this week.
But the NFL said both teams will have the ability to practice outside
The New York metropolitan area has been hit with snow and icy temperatures for several weeks. Fox's Denver Broncos will train at the Jets' facility in Florham Park. Carroll's Seattle Seahawks will work at the Giants' complex at the Meadowlands.
Fox said Sunday he prefers the natural grass field outdoors because it "saves players' legs," and the Broncos have brought along their field experts, adding "We'll see if we have to go inside or on their artificial turf."
Carroll said he "understands there's snow on the field and it's frozen and we likely could be inside most of the week."
He added he would like to get the Seahawks outside as much as possible so they can adjust to weather far different from Seattle's climate.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Walt Powell claimed by New York Jets
- How the West Was Won - Week 1
- ESPN: Arizona Cardinals' offense will offset losses on defense, lead team to a winning record
- Cardinals awarded waiver claim on OLB Thomas Keiser, waive rookie WR Walt Powell
- Bauman, Golden, Sopoaga, Hardy among Arizona Cardinals' final roster cuts
- Darren Urban - azcardinals.com - Friday August 29Darren Urban breaks down the latest surrounding the Cardinals' impending roster moves
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 29The Arizona Cardinals and San Diego Chargers played one of the most pointless games in NFL history l
- Bickley Blast - Thursday August 28Which Valley football team will win more games this season, the Cardinals or the Sun Devils?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Dave Pasch - Cardinals commentator - Tuesday August 26Dave Pasch thinks Michael Floyd is a number one receiving target.