Updated Jan 27, 2014 - 12:31 pm
Coaches concerned about snow on practice fields
JERSEY CITY, N.J. -- Super Bowl coaches John Fox and Pete Carroll expressed concern Sunday that snow on the practice fields could hinder their preparation this week.
But the NFL said both teams will have the ability to practice outside
The New York metropolitan area has been hit with snow and icy temperatures for several weeks. Fox's Denver Broncos will train at the Jets' facility in Florham Park. Carroll's Seattle Seahawks will work at the Giants' complex at the Meadowlands.
Fox said Sunday he prefers the natural grass field outdoors because it "saves players' legs," and the Broncos have brought along their field experts, adding "We'll see if we have to go inside or on their artificial turf."
Carroll said he "understands there's snow on the field and it's frozen and we likely could be inside most of the week."
He added he would like to get the Seahawks outside as much as possible so they can adjust to weather far different from Seattle's climate.
AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Steve Keim, Cardinals GM - Friday April 18Will the Cardinals draft a quarterback?
- John McClain, NFL insider - Thursday April 17Who will the Texans draft?
- Daniel Jeremiah, NFL.com writer - Tuesday April 15NFL.com writer Daniel Jeremiah talks about the NFL draft.
- Kurt Warner, NFL Network analyst - Tuesday April 15Which quarterback will be taken first in the NFL Draft?
- Michael Bidwill, Cardinals' president - Wednesday April 9Cardinals president Michael Bidwill discuses the getting the 2015 NFL Pro Bowl.