Luol Deng agrees to 2-year, $20 million deal with Heat
The deal includes a player option for the 2015-16 season, Rudoy said.
Deng is entering his 11th NBA season, having spent almost his entire career with the Chicago Bulls. He appeared in 40 games with the Cleveland Cavaliers after a trade last season. He fills a need in Miami, which lost LeBron James last week after the four-time NBA MVP said he would leave the Heat after four seasons and return to the Cavaliers.
Deng has averaged 16.0 points per game in his career, after being chosen No. 7 overall from Duke in the 2004 draft.
His contract should be signed early this week.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.