Luol Deng agrees to 2-year, $20 million deal with Heat
The deal includes a player option for the 2015-16 season, Rudoy said.
Deng is entering his 11th NBA season, having spent almost his entire career with the Chicago Bulls. He appeared in 40 games with the Cleveland Cavaliers after a trade last season. He fills a need in Miami, which lost LeBron James last week after the four-time NBA MVP said he would leave the Heat after four seasons and return to the Cavaliers.
Deng has averaged 16.0 points per game in his career, after being chosen No. 7 overall from Duke in the 2004 draft.
His contract should be signed early this week.
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.