Updated Jun 14, 2014 - 4:40 pm
Yankees sign Heath Bell to minor league deal
Yankees manager Joe Girardi confirmed Bell's signing before New York played at Oakland on Friday night. Bell will report to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
Bell was released by Tampa Bay on May 4 after going 1-1 with a 7.27 ERA in 13 appearances this season. The Rays acquired Bell from Arizona in December as part of a three-team trade.
Bell has 168 saves in 11 seasons with the New York Mets, San Diego, Miami, Arizona and Tampa Bay. He led the majors with 132 saves for the Padres from 2009-11.
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.