Updated Jun 14, 2014 - 4:40 pm
Yankees sign Heath Bell to minor league deal
Yankees manager Joe Girardi confirmed Bell's signing before New York played at Oakland on Friday night. Bell will report to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
Bell was released by Tampa Bay on May 4 after going 1-1 with a 7.27 ERA in 13 appearances this season. The Rays acquired Bell from Arizona in December as part of a three-team trade.
Bell has 168 saves in 11 seasons with the New York Mets, San Diego, Miami, Arizona and Tampa Bay. He led the majors with 132 saves for the Padres from 2009-11.
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.