Updated Jun 14, 2014 - 4:40 pm
Yankees sign Heath Bell to minor league deal
Yankees manager Joe Girardi confirmed Bell's signing before New York played at Oakland on Friday night. Bell will report to Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre.
Bell was released by Tampa Bay on May 4 after going 1-1 with a 7.27 ERA in 13 appearances this season. The Rays acquired Bell from Arizona in December as part of a three-team trade.
Bell has 168 saves in 11 seasons with the New York Mets, San Diego, Miami, Arizona and Tampa Bay. He led the majors with 132 saves for the Padres from 2009-11.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.