Insight Bowl now 'Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl'
Starting in 2012 the game, which matches teams from the Big 12 and Big Ten at Sun Devil Stadium, will be known as the "Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl."
Buffalo Wild Wings is a restaurant chain known for its tasty wings as well as other food.
"Buffalo Wild Wings has become a brand for the fans and now we'll be bringing our unique Buffalo Wild Wings experience to college football fans across the country." said Kathy Benning, executive vice president global marketing and brand development at Buffalo Wild Wings in a press release. "We look forward to entering the college bowl arena as the title sponsor of this progressive property. It aligns our growing brands and provides tremendous new opportunity to interact with our guests, who we know are passionate about football."
The new sponsorship means a new logo and trophy will be created for the game.
"We are pleased to welcome Buffalo Wild Wings as a partner," said Steve Whiteman, Valley of the Sun Bowl Foundation board chairman in a release. "They provide a natural opportunity for us to offer college football fans a truly memorable game experience. Buffalo Wild Wings shares our commitment to give back to the community, and their dedication to excellence and focus on fit closely with our mission."
- UFC Legend Dan "Hendo" Henderson - Saturday June 15UFC great Dan Henderson joins The Power MMA Show to preview his UFC 161 bout vs Rashad Evans.
- Steve Patterson, ASU AD - Tuesday June 4Will Notre Dame be on the ASU football schedule? And, what does he think of E. Gordon Gee's comments
- Jeff Pendergraph, Indiana Pacers forward - Tuesday June 4Pacer and former ASU basketball player Jeff Pendergraph talks about Indiana's run in the playoffs
- Steve Patterson, ASU Athletic Director - Thursday May 30What will be discussed at the upcoming meeting with the other Pac-12 athletic directors?
- Steve Patterson, ASU athletic director - Tuesday May 21Patterson talks about potential Pac-12 Bowl changes and how the NBA Lottery really works