ESPN report: Glendale preparing to bid on 2016 NCAA title game
Glendale will also host a semifinal in 2017.
Sept. 27 is the deadline to submit requests for proposals to bid on the 2016 and 2017 title games, and the 10 Football Bowl Subdivision commissioners and Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick will vote on and announce the title game sites in November.
Other cities expected to bid on the 2016 game are Jacksonville, Fla., New Orleans and Tampa, Fla., while Atlanta, Minneapolis and Arlington, Texas are considering a bid on either title game, according to ESPN's sources.
Miami and Arlington will host the 2016 semifinals, while Glendale and Atlanta will each host a game in 2017. Cities may not host the title game in the same year they host a semifinal.
The Rose Bowl, which will host the final BCS title game on Jan. 7 2014, will not bid on either title game, and will be the only current BCS bowl to do so. The Rose and Sugar bowls will host the inaugural College Football Playoff semifinals on Jan. 1, 2015, while Arlington will host the inaugural championship game on Jan. 12, 2015.
- ASU AD Ray Anderson: 'The love and the passion for Pat Tillman is palpable'
- Pat Tillman's death remembered 10 years later
- ASU quarterback Taylor Kelly caps spring with successful scrimmage performance
- Todd Graham pleased ahead of ASU spring football game
- ASU's Mo Latu losing weight and gaining confidence
- Ray Anderson, ASU Athletic Director - Tuesday April 22Ray Anderson discusses Pat Tillman's legacy at ASU.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Thursday April 17Ray Anderson talks about the new athletic fee and what it means for students. Also, what does it mea
- Gary Lane, ASU rugby coach - Friday April 11ASU rugby coach Gary Lane talks about his team's upcoming game against BYU.
- Chris Karpman, ASU Devils.com - Wednesday April 9ASU Devils.com Chris Karpman discusses the new student athletic fee.
- Ray Anderson, Arizona State athletic director - Wednesday April 9Arizona State athletic director Ray Anderson discusses the new student athletic fee.