ESPN report: Glendale preparing to bid on 2016 NCAA title game
Glendale will also host a semifinal in 2017.
Sept. 27 is the deadline to submit requests for proposals to bid on the 2016 and 2017 title games, and the 10 Football Bowl Subdivision commissioners and Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick will vote on and announce the title game sites in November.
Other cities expected to bid on the 2016 game are Jacksonville, Fla., New Orleans and Tampa, Fla., while Atlanta, Minneapolis and Arlington, Texas are considering a bid on either title game, according to ESPN's sources.
Miami and Arlington will host the 2016 semifinals, while Glendale and Atlanta will each host a game in 2017. Cities may not host the title game in the same year they host a semifinal.
The Rose Bowl, which will host the final BCS title game on Jan. 7 2014, will not bid on either title game, and will be the only current BCS bowl to do so. The Rose and Sugar bowls will host the inaugural College Football Playoff semifinals on Jan. 1, 2015, while Arlington will host the inaugural championship game on Jan. 12, 2015.
- ASU's Todd Graham a finalist for Liberty Mutual Coach of the Year Award
- Doug Franz College Football Playoff - Final
- Bowls feature impressive gift packages for participating teams
- Arizona State accepts invitation to play in 2013 Holiday Bowl against Texas Tech
- Some things are more disappointing than Arizona State's loss to Stanford
- Glenn Parker, Pac-12 Network football analyst - Friday December 6Glenn Parker previews the Pac-12 Championship game.
- Joe Schad, ESPN college football reporter - Friday December 6A national perspective on the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game
- J.R. Redmond, former ASU running back - Friday December 6Redmond discussed the similarities between the 96 ASU team and this year's edition.
- Bickley Blast - Friday December 6Setting the stage for the ASU-Stanford Pac 12 Championship Game.
- Jean Boyd, ASU Associate AD - Friday December 6Boyd explains the importance of ASU football's "Rock Walk" tradition